Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Although the new trailler is not as close as the pre-rendered one, it's not that far from it either.
Anyone who says the game is not graphically impressive, must either be blind, or...
I for one, am very impressed.

I just hope it will be better optimized for PC this time around, since the first one was, (and still is, since I recently replayed it) very bad in that regard.
The stutter is unfortunately very real, and nothing (at least nothing I was willing to do) could fix it.
I also hope there will be more of a game to it, mechanically, gameplay wise.
I remain optimistic. :)

Last edited:
This game comes out in a week. Microsoft marketing is non existent.
Why aren't they doing a state of play like thing to showcase the game?
It's #229 on steam charts.
They are sending it out to die.

Calm down. It's on GP. 15 million people are guaranteed to try it. If it's great the reviews will do most of the heavy lifting. If it's disappointing, why market it?

Usually skipping advertising is a bad sign for a game. Hopefully the game lives up to the first one and they're just trying to keep costs down or something.

This is how you close a studio. No marketing plus 7 years of development. There aren't clear ways for the internal studios to understand what even is success on gamepass, so if it flops on steam and on Xbox outside of the pass I would begin to fear for ninja theory.

No marketing? It's featured in every Xbox ad I've seen for the last couple of months, has a big presence on the front page of xbox.com, and I have seen ads before videos that, if they weren't 100% for Hellblade 2, the game was featured heavily in a Gamepass ad. I don't read any magazines, and don't watch broadcast TV, so I can't comment on those markets. I guess they aren't taking over Times Square or flying planes with Hellblade 2 banners behind them, of doing radio ads, but it isn't like there is no marketing for this game. Yes, it's lighter than Call of Duty or Spider-Man 2, not not nonexistent.

No marketing? It's featured in every Xbox ad I've seen for the last couple of months, has a big presence on the front page of xbox.com, and I have seen ads before videos that, if they weren't 100% for Hellblade 2, the game was featured heavily in a Gamepass ad. I don't read any magazines, and don't watch broadcast TV, so I can't comment on those markets. I guess they aren't taking over Times Square or flying planes with Hellblade 2 banners behind them, of doing radio ads, but it isn't like there is no marketing for this game. Yes, it's lighter than Call of Duty or Spider-Man 2, not not nonexistent.

I guess they're heavily marketed on their own platform? I don't use xbox.com. The only thing I've seen on the pc xbox app is a little pre-install tile. For something like Helldivers 2 I was getting tons of ads on youtube and stuff like that.

I guess they're heavily marketed on their own platform? I don't use xbox.com. The only thing I've seen on the pc xbox app is a little pre-install tile. For something like Helldivers 2 I was getting tons of ads on youtube and stuff like that.
I never saw a single ad for Helldivers outside of watching the tailers on a Playstation event stream.

Calm down. It's on GP. 15 million people are guaranteed to try it. If it's great the reviews will do most of the heavy lifting. If it's disappointing, why market it?
General comment:
I find that thinking the whole problem with xbox as a whole.
It's not GP subscribers who needs marketing to.

HB2:
Even though I personally don't think it's a mass appeal game, graphics alone is impressive enough to justify showing what your platform and games can produce.

All in due time. Or maybe not. It's possible MS has determined that 15 million on GP will try it and spending $30 million on an ad campaign to get another million non-GP people to buy it isn't worth the effort. Save the ad campaign for the PS port in 2 years.

All in due time. Or maybe not. It's possible MS has determined that 15 million on GP will try it and spending $30 million on an ad campaign to get another million non-GP people to buy it isn't worth the effort. Save the ad campaign for the PS port in 2 years.
MS seems to like to advertise something a week or two before and then after it releases. however they may think its close enough to E3/June show case time that they can just bundle all that advertising together.

Summer game event will forever be E3!

One of the weirder pieces of gaming nostalgia. I can smell the print from a freshly opened E3 special magazine when I close my eyes.

Last edited:
Launch trailer. All new footage I think. Oddly, it being out this week still feel like a bit of a surprise. It's pretty much the title that heralded the current gen and not a lot since has lived up to that visual promise.

Back