Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

When doing VRAM testing for DLSS 3 Framegen I discovered a bug in this game. When framegen is enabled (RTX4070, driver 555.85, all settings maxed, resolution doesn't make any difference), every time I pause and unpause the game VRAM use goes up by ~50MB. I kept doing it to see if it was a reporting error and sure enough once I got past 12GB my FPS tanked and I had to alt+F4. It took about 80 times pausing the game but it is 100% repeatable and it only happens with framegen on. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

First thought would be it's not unloading the pause menu, but a pause menu shouldn't take up 50mb
The game freezes for maybe 500ms when I unpause with framegen turned on and VRAM goes up by 50MB. If I turn off framegen then VRAM goes down to normal, but turning it back on will make it go back up to the bugged level. Only way to fix it is to restart the game. Since I can't find a single instance of anyone talking about this I can't rule out that it's just my system, but this doesn't happen in any other games.

If I go to Xbox.com/gamepass in a private window, it has a button that says "Join now $1". It used to be for $1 for 3 months, then $1 for one month, and now I think it's 14 days Which is enough time to beat Hellblade 2.

That’s a good idea. Not turning on my PC when it’s 100 degrees though.

Back