Seems as if Microsoft has some stuff to show off at the upcoming GDC

iceberg187

Regular
Floorplans

gdc08-flooplans-msandepic.gif

gdc08-flooplans-sonyandnintendo.gif

First time ever I saw Sony being so small! Now MS took the space! Wow!
Sony should have acquired that space taking into consideration that they need to increase popularity and their sales

That image makes it look like MS's space is almost four times as big, while in reality it's about twice as big.
Sony 2,500 square feet, MS 4,800 square feet.
It's a game developer's conference after all, the booth spaces are not as important as in some marketing expo.
The conferences are the more interesting.

I'd be surprised if they nabbed all this floorspace because "they have more announcements". it's probably a first-come-first-serve thing. I don't think any big games have actually been announced at GDC.

First time ever I saw Sony being so small! Now MS took the space! Wow!
Sony should have acquired that space taking into consideration that they need to increase popularity and their sales

Hmm don´t they usually have big spaces and yet they are still behind in sales :)

Games, price reductions and good pr is what they need, not floor space.

I'd be surprised if they nabbed all this floorspace because "they have more announcements". it's probably a first-come-first-serve thing. I don't think any big games have actually been announced at GDC.

LittleBigPlanet and HOME.

It's all about the press conference anyway, not the amount of space. All you need is one camera man and a selection of journalists :)

I keep getting confused about CES and GDC.

Why isn't htere any thread about CES08? I thought there were some news (rumours more likely) about Xbox ultimate etc.

I don't see how it is in Epic's best interest to make another 360 exclusive Gears game.

As far as I know Epic owns the IP rights to the Gears universe. There should be no problem making the sequel multi platform even if the first game was published as an exclusive.

TBH doing some research shows it's not that much different from last year...and Sony apparently took away the prize from that one.
720oe53.jpg

I don't see how it is in Epic's best interest to make another 360 exclusive Gears game.

As far as I know Epic owns the IP rights to the Gears universe. There should be no problem making the sequel multi platform even if the first game was published as an exclusive.

Think about it. Of course its in their best interest. There's 4 million reasons to not bother supporting another platform. Also they signed a contract with MS that prevented it from being on other platforms from the start. If they did make it multi platform, they would need another publisher and thus not get the same marketing budget the first game received.

It would be a bonehead move to make it multi platform after the first game sold so many units on a single platform.

Hmm don´t they usually have big spaces and yet they are still behind in sales :)

Games, price reductions and good pr is what they need, not floor space.

Good PR and better press means they need room to show more things as well as their presence ;)

Think about it. Of course its in their best interest. There's 4 million reasons to not bother supporting another platform. Also they signed a contract with MS that prevented it from being on other platforms from the start. If they did make it multi platform, they would need another publisher and thus not get the same marketing budget the first game received.

It would be a bonehead move to make it multi platform after the first game sold so many units on a single platform.

Being exclusive and published by MS did not help several other games like VivaPinata, PGR4 etc.

Gears selling 4 millions was because Gears was a good game. And there is no reason it would have sold less if it was mutiplatform. Might lose a few hard core 360 "fans". But that should be more than balanced out by buyers on the other platform(s).

Also, with the big push Epic had been making over the past year to get their Unreal3 Engine up to speed and launching UT3 on the PS3 seems to imply strongly that their direction for future games is multiplatform.

Also, with the big push Epic had been making over the past year to get their Unreal3 Engine up to speed and launching UT3 on the PS3 seems to imply strongly that their direction for future games is multiplatform.

It could also mostly be that they want to UE3 engione on as many plafotms as possible with as amny licensees as possible, not som much making mutliplatform games. As far as I know Epic is not THAT big when it comes to man power and since they know they have a very good fan base on the 360 it makes some seonse to cater there first instead of "diluting" their efforts...

This is a game development conference. It's not in Epic's interest to advertise a game they are making to other developers making games - it's in their interest to advertise the middleware engine they are wanting to sell to the game developers. It makes sense to have a larger booth at GDC when you have more to offer game developers, which MS clearly does. Whatever consumer-related announcements are made at GDC, it probably has little relation to booth size which is industry related.

Those pics are off .. As someone mentioned, Sony's space is over half the size of MS's(55%-60%).

Those pics makes it look worse.

US

Back