Sea of Thieves [XO, PC, XGP, PS]

Got in the game today with 3 other guys from here. Since it was my first time there was some learning curve but we had a couple seasoned skallywags that helped. Game has some serious potential. Could definitely see myself playing with the same crew again. Voice communication is super critical. So it really helps if your crew has good rapport. Thanks for the great game guys. Hit me up again next time!

Tommy McClain

LOL We got owned by some buccaneers! Aaaarrrrgh!

Yeah they really didn't let up did they? Wished we could have summoned Davy Jones to take them down. LOL

Tommy McClain

I still haven't recieved any alpha/beta invites to this game. :(
:(
I'm sure it's coming soon. It will give us more time to figure out how to reverse the ship. Poor parking/beaching the boat head first was likely the result of our PVP misadventures LOL

:(
I'm sure it's coming soon. It will give us more time to figure out how to reverse the ship. Poor parking/beaching the boat head first was likely the result of our PVP misadventures LOL

And trying to move with the anchor still down doesn't help either...shiver me timbers!
We are definitely landlubber fodder matey.

Anyone can compare it to guns of icarus online ?
After looking at a couple videos I can see some similarities. SoT isn't quite as fleshed out but it's still just an Alpha. They have lots of features & customizations yet to add before it would be considered a full game.

Tommy McClain

I get the feeling that MS wants this to be an evolving MMO even after the full game is released.

Although nothing is in there right now, I wonder how if they wanted to they could implement raids.
I could imagine teaming up with other crews to complete an objective like maybe having a Kraken or other giant sea creature or castle. And then of course betraying that other team(s) to get all the loot well because....we're pirates after all...lol

I get the feeling that MS wants this to be an evolving MMO even after the full game is released.

Although nothing is in there right now, I wonder how if they wanted to they could implement raids.
I could imagine teaming up with other crews to complete an objective like maybe having a Kraken or other giant sea creature or castle. And then of course betraying that other team(s) to get all the loot well because....we're pirates after all...lol
There's a lot to discuss, but under NDA we cannot on these forums lol. Hold fast, you're getting close to breaking it!

There's a lot to discuss, but under NDA we cannot on these forums lol. Hold fast, you're getting close to breaking it!

Only throwing out hypothetical stuff. I'll stay away from any specific stuff actually in game.

Edit: Reviewing back, I'll try to stay away from getting close to any specifics.

Last edited:
The weekly insider update has what I consider to be a rather troubling survey that indicates the future focus of MS and XB1 in general. We've seen them certainly trending this way with changes of focus and emphasis through the general preview dashboard functionality and updates, but I think this survey really confirms it.

I think it's a shame for those of us that are completely uninterested in going in that direction.

The weekly insider update has what I consider to be a rather troubling survey that indicates the future focus of MS and XB1 in general. We've seen them certainly trending this way with changes of focus and emphasis through the general preview dashboard functionality and updates, but I think this survey really confirms it.

I think it's a shame for those of us that are completely uninterested in going in that direction.

Elaborate more please

I'm fascinated by the possibilities of this game. I hope it is successful, but I also hope it has elements I like. I have weird tastes so when I get interested in a game this early I assume it's not mainstream enough to be successful. :cry:

Did something get sent out? was it via the dashboard or email?

Back