Scalebound

First 30hz Platinum game in a while, looks great but framerate needs to be improved. More than a year ahead from the release so i don't think anyone should be worried this early. I really liked the look of the dragon :D

Screens from gamersyde
image_scalebound-29064-2985_0001.jpg
image_scalebound-29064-2985_0002.jpg
image_scalebound-29064-2985_0003.jpg
image_scalebound-29064-2985_0004.jpg
image_scalebound-29064-2985_0005.jpg
What Scalebound will look like at 4K if it is ever released on PC

Not playing. Main character is annoying even for the length of a trailer. Gameplay not interesting to me.
I think they may have been aiming for a funny wise-cracking dude like Nathan Drake but you need the right script and voice actor. But just change the language to something like Norwegian or German - problem solved! ;)

Agree that main character is annoying. So tired of this archetype, that said, I will likely get it as I enjoy Platinum games and I like the action RPG setting they are going for. Some day....maybe, we'll get a Bayonetta compilation for X1/PS4.

I'm guessing the demographic is young teen, that's why the character is a smart-ass teen-type wearing beats headphones. It might work for that crowd, but a big turnoff for a guy my age.

So there, I wish we could have other options. I guess he's supposed to be the male version of Bayonetta with the cocky attitude although to me he just comes off as "douche bag"

So there, I wish we could have other options. I guess he's supposed to be the male version of Bayonetta with the cocky attitude although to me he just comes off as "douche bag"

Not every game is for everyone. If it works for a younger audience, then that's cool. Just didn't work for me. Bigger issue is I didn't think the gameplay looked very interesting.

Meh, I was curious about this one but I don't see anything special gameplay wise so far.
I suppose riding the dragon will be the "unique" part , pity they didn't' show it.

Last edited:
Meh, I was curious about this one but I don't see anything special gameplay wise so far.

Yeah this almost seemed like a game not made by Platinum. Their focus previously was in fast paced combat and 60hz refresh rate. This seems slow in comparison with anything done by them previously. I hope it works because the setting looks interesting but i don't like the main protag either. I would take Bayo 3 or Rising 2 any day of the day instead of Scalebound.

I think it's still very early. I'm interested in their take on the action RPG, so I'll more than likely bite.

Judging by the performance hiccups of the extended demo i will say that it would be better for Scalebound if they showcased a PC build running at a smooth 30hz refresh rate. It looks like the extended demo drops in the single digits quite a few times. And all this without adding the 4 player co-op in the mix.

Still a Pre-Alpha build, so I'm optimistic about the performance being ironed out over time.
Guess they just wanted to give everyone a glimpse of what this game can potentially play like.

It might be great, who knows :) the fact that they showed it means they like the direction of this game.

Back