Scalebound

Judging by the performance hiccups of the extended demo i will say that it would be better for Scalebound if they showcased a PC build running at a smooth 30hz refresh rate. It looks like the extended demo drops in the single digits quite a few times. And all this without adding the 4 player co-op in the mix.
Uh ? Yeah let's show a PC build so everybody piles on MS for false advertising and Bullshoting and not be honest by demoing the current Xbox ONE build even if its performance is lacking. I would say that for a game that is approx 15Months away the performance is pretty good. Let's not forget how Sunset Overdrive performed just a few weeks before hitting GOLD and how it turned out at release (locked @ 30fps 90% of the time while the last public showings were the game was hitting 15fps during heavy fights..)

The art is really bad to me personally and unattractive.

But the same is true imo for Bayonetta...

But, the game demo had some interesting gameplay showings, like the interaction with the dragon fighting others.

But to much green.

The game has some of the cleanest IQ that I have seen on the XB1… AA sampling looks good. However, some of the textures look muddy/low up close… but overall, a nice looking game. The best part for me was the fire and massive explosions (particles look awesome). Anyhow, hopefully the frame-rate is improved and the so-so-meh-done-that-before gameplay. And yes, the main character is a douche...

Plat games character design must be anti what I like. Even when they design a relatively average white dude (in games), they manage to make it look more douche then Delsin from Second Son. Bayonetta is among the ugliest game characters ever.

Dragon looks nice enough.

Meh, I was curious about this one but I don't see anything special gameplay wise so far.
I suppose riding the dragon will be the "unique" part , pity they didn't' show it.

THe Unique part , I guess, is the 4 player co op, 4 guys, 4 Dragons in one game ! Although I wonder how that would be. They would need to be really spread out to accomodate 4 dragons at once.

Seems okay to me, not something to go absolutely crazy over, as of now. Maybe they didn't show the crazy stuff yet.

THe Unique part , I guess, is the 4 player co op, 4 guys, 4 Dragons in one game ! Although I wonder how that would be. They would need to be really spread out to accomodate 4 dragons at once.

Seems okay to me, not something to go absolutely crazy over, as of now. Maybe they didn't show the crazy stuff yet.

I think there will be more companions than just Dragons though.

http://www.windowscentral.com/scalebound-xbox-one-gamescom-preview

After a guided tour of the Xbox briefing video, we were treated to a show-reel of other Scalebound features that are still in development. Scalebound isn't just a hack n' slash; it's a full-blown action RPG with an inventory, loot, non-linear exploration, NPC cities, weapon durability, currency, in-game economies and more.

After Drew had defeated the mantis monster in the trailer above, he reduced the corpse into gems - these serve as the game's currency. You can spend them on a vast array of upgrades for yourself and Thuban

They showed off Drew's inventory and some of the weapons he can wield - which can also break over time. They showed Drew wielding the sword from the trailer, a Final Fantasy Dragoon-like spear, and a ridiculously large two-handed claymore

the interview made me more excited for the game. Looks like it oculd be a good RPG for the xbox one. I'm excited.

What's next: the dragon will run out of fire and won't be able to fly unless you give it a potion to drink!?

What's next: the dragon will run out of fire and won't be able to fly unless you give it a potion to drink!?

uh, nevermind, unless their stomach acids are slightly different

2 HCl + CaCO3 -> CaCl2 + H2O + CO2

Last edited:
Gamersyde video
gc15_scalebound_gameskqs2w.png

Press release shot
image_scalebound-290636s16.jpg

Quite different (even if we factor in video compression)

Off-screen vs Direct capture...maybe.

Edit: After watching more Gamescon vids, I'd say it's not as washed out as the first nor as sharp as the second. The press release definitely looks sharper than the vid which is an opening cut scene before the demo starts. The Dragon in-game looks to be as sharp to me as well as the closing cut scene.

Also, some of the tail animation in the gameplay demo looks to be glitchy.

Last edited:
Yeah, that and down-sampling from 4k + better lighting + no ghosting from TAA.

Back