Light No Fire (Hello Games)

cheapchips

Veteran
Hello Games next project. It's been in production for 5 years so far with a 'small team'. Multiplayer RPG/sandbox game set across an Earth sized fantasy world. That's both and exciting and daunting prospect. Games with that wide a scope can struggle to find compelling gameplay loops. Given the shear amount of stuff they've added to NMS over the years, they've a good chance of making something interesting.

I am hopeful they can avoid the pitfalls they had with No Man Sky but after that game i am shying away from this until its been out for awhile. That game was the first game I ever refunded on steam

Only just saw the interview Murrey did before the trailer. So this is a team of around 12 people. All that work they put into procgen with NMS is paying off in spades.

They have my interest but like all surival dedicated server is mandatory or no buy.
And of course no buy day one after NMS.

@eastmen I'm fairly certain they'll be out to avoid that sort of launch again!
I am sure they were out to avoid that type of launch the first time too tho. Listen I burned my hand on the pot the first time, this time i will wait for the pot to cool off a bit first. If it comes out and 3 months later is getting good reviews and it runs well without to many game breaking bugs then yea

Of the games shown at the awards thingy, this is the one that's the most interesting. One thing I hate about a lot of RPGs is I don't feel like i'm exploring. Having an absolutely massive world to explore in an open-ended way could be a lot of fun. I've actually thought a bunch about a game very similar to this, where you basically start out in a fort and walk out into the world and maybe see a castle on a mountain far far off in the distance, and you basically just journey there with no narrative, while running into random encounters along the way. No explanation of whether there's magic in the world, no visible stats on items. You just see a sword and can inspect it and see if there are markings on it, and then learn what they do by trial and error. Stuff like that. Obviously this game won't be exactly that, but I think it could be really cool in just being able to go off and find things and not really know where you're going or what you'll find.

I don't get the hype, looks empty, just Valheim but "we made it arbitrarily bigger!"

Reminds me of Star Citizen and their "Thousand planets/moons!" Or better yet Peter Molyneux bragging Fable 2 featured "20k bluebell flowers."

I don't get the hype, looks empty, just Valheim but "we made it arbitrarily bigger!"

Reminds me of Star Citizen and their "Thousand planets/moons!" Or better yet Peter Molyneux bragging Fable 2 featured "20k bluebell flowers."

Could end up being terrible, but at least it's something new with potential. I wouldn't pre-order it (I don't think anyone should ever pre-order games).

We obviously dont really know much about the game yet in terms of how it actually plays, what kind of things you'll be doing and all that.

But a problem with that is that because there's so much unknown and the scale so impressive, people will themselves start forming expectations based on what they imagine it could be like. Which is a huge part of what got them in trouble with No Man's Sky. So I'm not entirely sure they've really learned in terms of reigning in expectations outside of having Sean Murray not straight up lie when answering questions about it(so far...). lol

Its a release trailer, lets wait and see until more info is available. Sure the last time it went bad. But the game before that Joe Danger delivered and updates to NMS have been good I belive?

They mostly got in trouble with NMS because the released game looked nowhere like their hyped gameplay trailer.
No, it was very much more than that. It was a combination of things. And a big part of that was this idea that NMS could be an 'everything' game and Sean Murray and whatnot did little to try and squash people's imagination.

Back