Samsung HD160JJ temperatures

Matas

Newcomer
I have just purchased Samsung HD160JJ hard drive. I installed HD Tune program to see temperatures of hard drive. The program shows that temperatures are strangly jumping. For example: from 36C to 40C(not rising 36C-37C-38C-39C-40C), but jumps from 36C to 40C. I have also tried HDD Thermometer, where monitoring is 1second. The same situation(from 36C to 40C). Is it normal?

HDD Thermometer shows all my drives steadily increase in temp.

Can it be that serial ata drivers from MB floppy are a bit buggy and causes this nonsense with temp?

I have hdd cooler, so my Samsung is running cool. But with temp. monitoring is something wrong...

Matas said:
Can it be that serial ata drivers from MB floppy are a bit buggy and causes this nonsense with temp?
Well, SMART is usually hardware/firmware based. I don't think drivers will help.

Do you have any other HD monitoring software installed and are you using the latest version of HD Tune (2.52)?

I just installed HD Tune 2.52 and haven't noticed temperature spiking, with both of my drives, a Samsung SP1614N (160GB IDE-133) and a Samsung SP2504C (250GB SATA2) sitting at 29'C and 27'C respectively, although they are both being cooled by this HD cooler and my full tower case has quite a few 80mm fans, however Motherboard Monitor 5 reports an ambient case temperature of 30'C at the moment -- it's rather warm in the UK at present! :p

Back