Samsung Exynos 5250 - production starting in Q2 2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
I haven't heard any rumors regarding a future GSIII.

There have been plenty. This, for example:

http://www.gsmarena.com/is_samsung_delaying_the_launch_of_galaxy_s_iii_until_after_mwc-news-3718.php

My brother in law seems to have his heart set on getting a GSIII (he's currently got the original Galaxy S), so he keeps me up to date with the rumour mill about the phone every time I see him! :smile:

The slim bezel (assuming that mock-up is an indicate of what the GSIII will look like) seems like a good idea to me. Anything to keep the dimensions of the phone down to a minimum. Of course, the problem will be for those who like to use protective cases because such a slim bezel would make it difficult to design a suitable case.

Well ive been waiting for news on the galaxy S3 for ages..i was under the impression it was getting released at MWC as usual, but seeing as the Galaxy s series is now as famous as the iphone, it deserves its own event!.

The only thing that would change my mind would be a new Note :D

I was referring to their foundry business which of course fabricates for the likes of Apple among others, but I believe their semiconductor division does have a few Exynos design wins with outside companies such as Meizu.

The video mentions no volume ramp for 32nm until end of 2012. Does that mean no new process for Apple's A6? Or, they said 28nm LP is ready to go, so Apple could be using that and it was a lie of omission on her part? Still, why wouldn't sammy use 28nm for Exynos 5250 if it was ready to go though? Seems like A6 is stuck on 45nm process.

Sorry, that was a video from from the 2011 Design Automation Conference, so their 32nm availability was set to ramp at the end of last year.

Even if everything went accordingly (which it almost never does in that business), it might still be too tight a deadline for A6. If iPad 3 is pushed far enough back in the Spring, though, 32nm might happen, assuming the likelihood that Apple is staying with Samsung for now.

Sorry, that was a video from from the 2011 Design Automation Conference, so their 32nm availability was set to ramp at the end of last year.

Even if everything went accordingly (which it almost never does in that business), it might still be too tight a deadline for A6. If iPad 3 is pushed far enough back in the Spring, though, 32nm might happen, assuming the likelihood that Apple is staying with Samsung for now.

I wondered about that but the uploa date was Jan 26th and the description said nothing otherwise.

Unlikely? I'd say unnecessary!

I can't see what benefit you could get from such a high resolution with such a relatively small screen. You'd end up with some kind of ridiculously small dot pitch way beyond the 'retina' display and I can't see what the benefit of 1080p over 720p would be on a small screen.

At 4.8" that would be 459 ppi compared to 306 ppi for 1280x720. Hard to notice for many people, but I'd still expect there to be a slight visible difference, particularly for Asian glyphs.

Then of course there's PenTile, which needs a higher pixel density to hide the subpixel pattern.

I would laugh my ass off if it was a 4.8" Pentile 1080p and even then some people would whine about how bad it was because of the lack of effective pixels etc.

There's already a rumor of a quad-core Exynos with a 1080p 4.8-inch screen for the GS III.

For me, anything more than 300dpi is just an excess. If the cost of putting 1080p is negligible, then I don't mind at all. But if it cost a lot, then I prefer either a cheaper 720p alternative or put the extra money for bigger battery/storage/wacom stylus/etc

Btw, is there a thread discussing that new Huawei k3v2 processor/soc?

Back