Exynos 5450

I would have thought since Samsung blew the bloody doors off with Exynos 4210 that more would have taken up the bait with Mali...4412 is also gonna use the older generation 400mp4 clocked @400...and it will be the fastest Android phone SOC of its generation (once again..third year running for Sammy..more if you include iphone?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm puzzled as to why Saamsung have not slapped in some low power cores like A5's or something?? these upcoming 5 series are sure gonna suck alot of juice..

Samsung doesn't incorporate only its own SoCs as most know but also buys quite a variety of third party SoCs for its devices. Amongst them Qualcomm S3, OMAP4, Tegra2 and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others.

Add to that that one major deal like with Samsung isn't good enough to make a bigger difference and it's not that much of a mystery.

I didn't expect to even see Ziilabs in that pie chart, I would have also expected Broadcom to have a slightly larger share and I've never heard of Takumi. But most surprising of all is the huge share that Imagination Technologies has. Yeah, I understood that IMG would be big, but not that they'd have 50% of the market.

Takumi doesn't even try to offer a full range and roadmap like before, so they must've found the very focused niche that works for them at this point.

Some of their peers like Nexus Chips and Nazomi haven't fared as well.

Mali's picking up some momentum, so they're OK for now.

Back