Sacred 2

Not similar in what way? You swing a weapon/cast spells with the controller buttons in a top-down view, kill things and collect loot and level. From that POV, Sacred 2's combat is decidedly weak because the combat is clearl nothing more than 'dice rolls' with a limited graphical frontend. Each combtant just runs their combat animation(s) until they die, as it were. Whereas the proper console versions designed for controllers insetad of mouse included a block button for defense making combat more interactive (in theory, although typically a player would just hit and quaff potions. None of these games so far have proper weapon connections affect the opponent's ability to counterattack. That is, you hit with a sword and the sword passes through the opponent instead of knocking them sideways).

They're more action and linear… And for me not so Hack&Slash. So, yes they're more console player oriented, like you said.

Maybe the review perspective is heavily affected by previous similar titles? Have you played BGDA or CON?
Nope, so I don't have much base either.

In regard to your comment I'm starting to wonder about ability modifiers too. I actually gave up on my High Elf (which was only a "test character") and spend a bit more time on my Inquisitor.
Highest characteristic for Inq seems to be dexterity, I went with short sword and daggers (dual wield) at some point I switched to a two handed blade because i felt that my damages were low and noticed that I took some encounter noticeably quicker. I'll try to use to switch between sword and short sword of low value to see if the problem is the same.

Not similar in what way? You swing a weapon/cast spells with the controller buttons in a top-down view, kill things and collect loot and level. From that POV, Sacred 2's combat is decidedly weak because the combat is clearl nothing more than 'dice rolls' with a limited graphical frontend. Each combtant just runs their combat animation(s) until they die, as it were. Whereas the proper console versions designed for controllers insetad of mouse included a block button for defense making combat more interactive (in theory, although typically a player would just hit and quaff potions. None of these games so far have proper weapon connections affect the opponent's ability to counterattack. That is, you hit with a sword and the sword passes through the opponent instead of knocking them sideways).
As I played more sacred 2 and also tried Dante's infermo (never got my hand on GoW :( ) I can see where you're coming.
Sacred 2 is nice as a past time mind changing game: it doesn't need that much attention (play almost by it-self), it's pretty cute (I like foliage). The world is so huge I've play hours and discovered so much of the game world... it's not even funny. I still enjoy reasonably the game so I'll focus on one character and to the main quest.
But it can be seen as boring (leaving aside some broken feats and bugs) or far from exalting.
It's ok for me, I'll dif the game some more but I can't help but feel like we are in need for a "hack 'n slash V2.0). For me clearly there is room for the genre to evolve and grow but most likely the cost will be the point click mechanic.
Anyway I prey for the hack 'n slash genre real second coming which won't be Diablo3 (no matter how good D3 ends up as a classic hack 'n slash).

Are there still people playing this game here?

I found my self going back to the game from time to time, it's easily the game I spent more time playing this gen.
It's really sad we didn't the add-on (and support...) for console versions as some dedicated forum are still active.

Which is your favoured class?
For some reason I tend to stick with Inq even though there seems to be more potent classes out there.

I have a Seraphim who is kind of my main character, and I also started a high elf for bargaining purposes (with whom I have been playing catch-up for the last 60 hours or so). I think the Seraphim so far is way more fun because she's rather versatile. I like how it's basically up to me whether I want to rush head first into a pile of enemies or light-pillar them to death from afar (or a combination of the two).
With the elf it's basically firewall-spammage and the occasional meteor shower to stun-lock bosses - nothing more to it really.
In general I wished that the very complex (and needlessly complicated) character creation in Sacred2 wasn't where the complexity of the game ended. If you built a decent character, you could pretty much write a bot for the rest and do something more productive with your time instead. I hope Diablo III finds a good balance between the two aspects.

Same here. It's hard to believe how much time I sank into a game that is so busted.

After the wife and I finished the game, there didn't seem to be much point of replaying as the content doesn't really change and most of the areas were too trivial a difficulty level to revisit with the same characters.

Did you actually find much replay value going through the campaign more than once?

One thing I have noticed is that the game's resale value has actually gone up (consistently hovering around $40CAN).

Cheers

It's not really replay value, the campaign is uninteresting sadly. Point is those kind of games are about leveling and loot, so you keep playing (if that's your kind of thing).

Sigfried I didn't experiment with the Seraphin but it look quiet potent and versatile, I didn't enjoy either my experiments with pyro elf it got me bored quickly.

Yep, it's all about the loot, man. The ultimate goal being the creation of a character you can place in the middle of a crowd of enemies without a care in the world because he/she regenerates health faster than he/she could possibly lose it.

Back