Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

finally bought the game, the combat is cool for like the first 30 mins, then I feel like I fight the same 4 enemies through the entire game.... 20 bucks for a graphics I guess.... Going from Infamous second son first then this doesn't really give me the same woah factor as most people which had play this game at launch I think.

I played all PS4 exclusives so far...and Ryse gave me massive Woooooaaaah! :)

For me, up to now, Crysis 3 was the best looking game out there...not it is Ryse imo. Or say, Cryengine 3 :)

finally bought the game, the combat is cool for like the first 30 mins, then I feel like I fight the same 4 enemies through the entire game.... 20 bucks for a graphics I guess.... Going from Infamous second son first then this doesn't really give me the same woah factor as most people which had play this game at launch I think.

How far in are you?

I just finished the game...what a great ride!!

The blond goddess is one of the most life like characters I've seen yet, wrt face, very believable. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the game...what a great ride!!

The blond goddess is one of the most life like characters I've seen yet wrt face, very believable. Nice.

I nearly almost forgot about her, but now that you bring it up yes.

How far in are you?

a bit after you
kill the emperor's son
. I mean the game looks great it really does, but after playing Crysis 3 on pc and playing infamous is the only one that woah me with its open world nature and still play smooth and runs at Full HD. a couple of scene/level in shadow falls also looks nice but so far nothing on current gen really blows me away like gear 1 did on 360, guess we have to wait until 2015 games. Also wish that the gameplay is as good as the graphics.

a bit after you
kill the emperor's son
. I mean the game looks great it really does, but after playing Crysis 3 on pc and playing infamous is the only one that woah me with its open world nature and still play smooth and runs at Full HD. a couple of scene/level in shadow falls also looks nice but so far nothing on current gen really blows me away like gear 1 did on 360, guess we have to wait until 2015 games. Also wish that the gameplay is as good as the graphics.

If you play it centurion or legendary and unlock moves.. its a much better play.

Speaking of the lifelike faces, I found that the lady with the painted face in chains was the most realistic character. Her face, eyes, body movements were remarkable.. I may play again just to see that scene.

If you play it centurion or legendary and unlock moves.. its a much better play.

Speaking of the lifelike faces, I found that the lady with the painted face in chains was the most realistic character. Her face, eyes, body movements were remarkable.. I may play again just to see that scene.

That is true! As her skin was painted, the most obvious render-flaw (human skin) was eliminated and she looked quite real!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the paint on her actually looked dry like it was starting to flake like real life. My favorite 2 levels as far as looks go are the aquaduct and the return to Rome right before the arena starts.

She had some odd physics, but heck if your are a goddess I guess you can manipulate such things.

Lol yes. She did have some odd physics. Considering she wasn't wearing much I recall, I imagine there was some discussion on tastefulness vs realism vs fan service there. That or it just wasn't a priority.

Anyone remembers the name of that over realistic female character, or the level in which she apears? I'm curious to see her her funky physics, I mean, huh, erm, human rendering... yeah, so, anyone? I don't feel like actually buying Ryse.

i just watched a few RYSE gameplay on youtube, it seem the scene where there are many effect, quick camer change, and a good close up of human face with good animation detail is run in pre-rendered cutscene. Those that realtime have worse animation (more rigid).

cant the xb1 disc be read on PC? i think PS4 can be read uing liteon drives

Mike Read has left the building, the producer of Crysis 3 and Ryse games. No details about where he went, but would not be suprised if other ex-Crytek engineers start pulling old friends more and more to the same offices.

I do wonder if in game development a single person can have a major impact on the game? I.e. do we 'see' the influence of Crytek ex-devs in their new work such that we can point a finger on it?

I do wonder if in game development a single person can have a major impact on the game? I.e. do we 'see' the influence of Crytek ex-devs in their new work such that we can point a finger on it?
Not to be rude, but what influence could they bring?

Teams are so large these days that I doubt any one person makes a huge difference. I would imagine how well the overall team "gels" together and how well they are managed has the most impact. At least that is how the dynamics work for other team efforts (that I have been involved with).

Back