Ryse: Son of Rome faked? *myth busted*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

Veteran
Supporter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MfYuP6L44k

I have my suspicions that this was running real time on Xbox One.

1. It looked at parts head and shoulders above most next generation games shown. Specifically the ship's sails burning up and the panning sequence near the end.
2. It's supposed to be a up port of a 360 Kinect game.
3. No show floor demo.

My speculation is that Xbox One optimization isn't ready and they're using a PC build with everything turned up to 11. I'd love to be wrong though.

I dont know what to say, but seems like a dumb idea for a thread. Should have just posted it in the game thread.

It hasnt been a 360 game in years, and it's crytek. They have 600 people and do the best graphics in the world. Heck I remember getting all excited when Cevat touted the amazing visuals back when it was supposed to be a 360 game. It's likely been a focus is my point.

No show floor demo, are there many?

I saw some gamespot "live walk the floor with a reporter" type thing in the sony area, and the only playable demos I saw were all the indie games and stuff like warframe, in other words nothing demanding, that you'd actually want to play...

geez yea god forbid and Xbox game looks like one of the best of launch next gen - graphics wise... still not sure about the gameplay but it looked stunning

geez yea god forbid and Xbox game looks like one of the best of launch next gen - graphics wise... still not sure about the gameplay but it looked stunning
The textures were out of this world. I was very surprised when I saw those textures after watching CoD Ghosts reveal I thought that those graphics were ok.

But then I saw Ryse and the whole MS conference and realised how Cod: Ghosts technology looked outdated in comparison.

If anything, I'd probably say the intro and outro (denoted by the black screen fade) indicate switches from/to pre-recorded video, but everything in between does indeed look real-time. So, I guess that means myth busted?

Thread no longer serves a purpose. Please discuss the game in the existing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back