Rings of Red

Well I just got hit. Will be 2 years in August. Disappointed as I bought ODST just to play the Beta, not to mention out of Netflix (netbook) and general gaming. Boo!

Sorry to hear that.

I got hit too when I got back from vacation (mine was a launch unit) just in time for the Reach beta.

There is a guy that will repair it locally for $75 with a 30 day warranty. For that price, I'd rather purchase a new system.

I've decided to wait for E3 before making a purchase decision in hopes of a price drop, slim, natal bundle or a combination of aforementioned.

In the meantime, I've finally purchased Heavenly Sword pre-owned, which came scratch-free with a new manual (I suspect shenanigans) for the PS3.

Having the 3yr warranty is pretty awesome I wish Microsoft would apply more pressure to SONY about standing by their hardware.

Having the 3yr warranty is pretty awesome I wish Microsoft would apply more pressure to SONY about standing by their hardware.

Its is certainly awesome but if it was for microsoft they rather not wanted to do it. Didn't it costs like 1 billion to secure resources for it.

Still they are pretty fast friend of my had launch console in 2~3 weeks he had a new console(refurbish).

I feel so left out. :(

Don't worry, my near launch 20GB Premium is still running fine as well, and lately I'm actually using it too! Have been driving on the Nurburgring in Forza 3 in preparation for another 'live' visit to the track on the 24th of this month (and I'll probably go again the 27th of next month). Had been using GT4 for the purpose, but Forza 3's version is very nice too. :)

You can be sure that if failure rate were as high as 360 they would have been forced to have a 3 year warranty aswell, MS didnt do it out of the goodness of their hearts (and the warranty is only for a specific issue), and i wouldnt expect Sony to. It doesnt make buisness sense to offer it unless failure rates are damaging your reputation more than the cost of providing the warranty, or you are about to get sued and possible even have your product removed from store shelves etc. Didnt they just start offering cheap extended warranty though?

Back