Rift, Vive, and Virtual Reality

I have a couple of new Reverb G2 experiences.

First I finally went and got HP to send me the new cable. It apparently has an internal USB repeater now to make its USB compatibility as bulletproof as possible. There have been big problems with AMD motherboard compatibility. It seems rock solid to me, even on my motherboard's Asmedia controller. The original Reverb was a nightmare for USB so the G2 is a massive improvement there. The cable also has a power button now.

Secondly, I discovered that I could remove the magnetically attached plastic facemask frame and directly attach the mask to the HMD with some Velcro strips. This brings my eyes closer to the lenses and increases FOV quite a bit. I have a few different masks from and have found a thicker one from the Odyssey works well.

Actually nothing, been playing Kingdoms of Amalur Re Reckoning (not vr)
What I have :
OvOfTys.jpg

YDSv8Nx.jpg

Lots of sims!
Actually nothing, been playing Kingdoms of Amalur Re Reckoning (not vr)
What I have :
I feel like you could benefit from Vorpx. The sacred terabyte of [retro] gaming goodness has some games that would surely work with it.
https://www.vorpx.com/supported-games/
https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/good-full-vr-games-for-beginners/

I have had Dishonored, Voyager Elite Force and Dark Messiah of Might & Magic working with it. These have full head tracking. It is somewhat a pain to get all setup perfectly though. You definitely want to have a gamepad that supports XInput. I usually use a XBox 360 pad. I find trying to use KB+mouse with a HMD on my head to be rather difficult.

Last edited:
I have VorpX (Actually the only games I've tried with it are Borderlands 3 and Bioshock 2 both worked ok)
ps:
Doom VFR is £3.89 on Steam until 5th January

Last edited:
That looks like a very nice update. Hopefully, a compelling WMR VR device will launch sometime this year.
That would be interesting. I am curious if WMR has some kind of future beyond keeping it alive for a bit to sell Reverb G2s.

Last edited:
Asseto Corsa is now -80% £3.09 on steam
Serious Sam Fusion 2017 -90% £1.09
May as well get the Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition for a few £s more. The Nordschleife alone is worth that, plus you get Brands Hatch, Barcelona, Red Bull Ring and a bunch of Ferraris and Porsches.

Back