Rez!

Did you like Rez?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zurich

Kendoka
Veteran
I just got this game and can't say enough good things about it. I've got a question for the devs though;

Rez seems to use 99% untextured, gourad shaded polys / wireframe. Considering that the EE/GS eat anything utnextured for breakfast, I'm guessing that this game doesn't give the PS2 much of a challenge?

I only ask because I've fallen in love with the graphic style of the game and wonder about its performance reqs.

zurich

I think the game is a port of the Dreamcast code. Given that, there's no WAY that thing pushes PS2's poly performance in any way.

Anybody here played both versions? Are they the same?

Kolgar

The PS2 one uses a lot of motion blur, something I figured only the GS could do (cause of the fill rate hit). It does have some serious wire frame aliasing though.

It could be possible that Rez runs off the same DC Emulator that Resident Evil Code Veronica X did.

zurich

Both versions of Rez are pretty much the same, the supposed slowdown of the DC version is just a myth.
If anything the DC version suffers from less aliasing than the PS2 version.

I don't appreciate all that techno music but it does suit the game experience and is one of the most original titles to have appeared for a long time.

If you haven't played Rez yet you are missing out.

Game of the year as far as I'm concerned, better than Halo IMHO.
DC Ikaruga may change that though.

so...

apart from the obvious image quality issues,

how would a version built from the ground up for ps2 look??

i mean, apart from putting more stuff on the screen at once, how would u push the hardware to make it look even better?

of course the polycounts would be so high its not even funny, since its all about wireframe and untextured polys...

again, dont just tell me *turn anti-aliasing on* or *render at higher res* cuz thats included in the obvious part... please :)

thanx

Rez is an awesome game. I got it way back for Dreamcast, and was amazed. That's why I love Sega, they're not afraid to do new things.

The shooter elements were even pretty good :)

Yep it's a nice game. Anyway, DC version is flicker filtered, PS2 one isn't. PS2 one is 60fps, DC one is 30, and they both have slowdown in certain boss fights.
Zurich, CVX port, as cheap as it was, did come with a flicker filter :)

Just tried Rez HD on Xbox Live Arcade the other day. Seems cool. I'm not sure I was really clear on how the music integrates. It seemed to make a beat when I shot a baddy, but does it really matter if you're in time with the music, or what's the deal?

Oldest thread resurrect ever? Maybe.

I wish this would come to PSN. :( I played on the PS2 and the music doesn't really integrate with the game play. It is part of the overall experience but it isn't a rhythm game or anything. I do like how the sound effects integrate with the music though.

I wish this would come to PSN. :( I played on the PS2 and the music doesn't really integrate with the game play. It is part of the overall experience but it isn't a rhythm game or anything. I do like how the sound effects integrate with the music though.

Guys, this thread is over 6 yrs old. Time to make a new one... Locked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back