Resogun [PS4] [free on console launch via PS+]

How does co-op work when both players want to boost in separate directions...?

Player A is in the left edge of the map and the player B is in the right edge of the map. If player B starts boosting to the right, he keeps boosting without moving horizontally (though he can still move vertically). Meaning he still gets invulnerability but can't progress through the map.

Though this should only happen if you're trying to do it on purpose or if you really suck at communicating with your partner.

this was taken from a a video featuring my perfect run :p

UxU5BlN.png

It's the first level on hard, with no lives lost. It was super intense and I can finish up to the 3rd level without dying, but I can't reach the last level. Btw, I never played on normal so I haven't even unlocked all levels, lol. Also I only played it for a few days, haven't touched it in six months due to not enough time, etc.

But super amazing game.
Protip: turn the music off, you can focus 10 times better on what's happening :cool:

Now THAT'S a face-off I want to see on DF!

Both PS3 and Vita versions are 30fps instead of the 60fps of the PS4 version but yes, this will be interesting!

I remember Housemarque making a big deal about computations required to produce the crazy amount of voxels accurately on PS4. While I can believe they'd squeezed that out of Cell (at half the frame rate) I reckon they've convincingly faked it on the Vita :)

I remember Housemarque making a big deal about computations required to produce the crazy amount of voxels accurately on PS4. While I can believe they'd squeezed that out of Cell (at half the frame rate) I reckon they've convincingly faked it on the Vita :)

Vita screen rez is so much lower than a HDTV that you can simply lower the amount of particles and you wouldn't notice the difference... In any case, SSD Delta for Vita shows an incredible amount of junk flying around the screen, so the Vita seems like a really strong platform for that kind of graphics. If they faked voxels for resogun, at least I believe they didn't fake it that much. :)

Huge difference between PS3 and vita versions of SSD though technically even if the Vita version is a good game.

So I fired this one up again a few days ago, after probably more than a year. And I'm completely hooked again. Managed somehow - don't ask me how! - to get to 39,794,290 as my high score (dying just before the second boss) but for some reason it doesn't show up in the list of high scores (where i'm way, way higher than you anyway @Globalisateur :yes: ).

Have a look, on the top right corner is my 39M high score, but in the list of High Scores (Friends) it shows my old high score of 24M... And even when I go to the global High Scores from the main menu, my 39M just isn't there!

What happened??

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 27.jpg
    FullSizeRender 27.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Grats!
I can't play this game anymore myself though (or any similar games); dying makes me so irrationally angry I feel strong urges to punt my console across the room... :(
(That, or put the controller through my flatscreen TV, which would be even worse.)

@London-boy
Yes, quite a few months ago now. :) It's a little jerky at times when the action gets thick - or well, that's what I thought at release anyway. Maybe there's been an update since, I'm not sure.

I was never too keen on that game, but then again I wasn't in love with Resogun until I fired it up a year after sitting there in the HDD

Back