Resitance Fall Of Man First Look Article + Gameplay Video

I really want to see a new build of this game, with the lighting bugs fixed.

Hey welcome to the boards Kittonwy :D

How many days left before you are back at gaf?

I'll be back on September 12, apparently. :p

I don't expect too many drastic changes in the tuesday build but I think the game should progressively look sharper.

Looks alot like COD3 to me.

Personally I think it looks better than COD3, I don't quite get some of the art direction but it definitely looks very nice, just nothing that really sticks out, there are subtle things like the ice level ice surface that are great but for some reason these things aren't too noticible in screens or videos.

Maybe it's just that I don't go for these sorts of 'squeezed action' games.
They just don't work for me.

But this game seems even more offputting than usual, nothing seems to have any impact. All the guns go pop and fizz, but don't really go bang. Sigh... I don't know.

And it seems to have every FPS cliche imaginable, but just not done very well. Those bloody scorpion things look ridiculously annoying, and are nothing compared to head crabs. In halflife, one well placed head crab was enough to make you panic. A pack of those things just look simply frustrating.

Seriously, bullet time sniping? Why? What possible reason did they include that other than 'because other games do it' or 'because we can'. Sniping is exactly the time you don't want bullet time, ratchet up the tension while you have limited field of view, not make things easier.

Well I hope it proves me wrong and turns out to be a fantastic game. But as of now, pass.

But this game seems even more offputting than usual, nothing seems to have any impact. All the guns go pop and fizz, but don't really go bang. Sigh... I don't know.

I just watched the video and this was exactly what I was thinking. It just seems off.

What they've shown certainly seems "restrained" for Insomniac, at least. Ratchet almost always showed off SOME sort of powerful, huge-effect weapon right away. ;) They may be keeping themselves in check because of the more realistic bent of the game, but there's always the hope that they just don't want to show off the coolest weapon so as to not ruin the surprise for you. Hehe...

but whats IK?
You tell an extremity such as a hand or foot where it should end up and the body's joints are set accordingly for it to get there. This is in contrast to the usual captured motion where you tell the joints what angles to take and the limb ends up in whatever position that creates (forward kinematics).

Nice .gif showing off the animation :)

36c280b95f.gif

Some new shots. Despite their current size, these make me sehr happy:

c6276d3245d442c5a52539fae5cad0c5.jpg

71e8ba8e8e2196d02bab9751d42feaf3.jpg

ae4dcb45d86cccd44324a7a08b09f65d.jpg

266b04b544871cc9b78b9ec854b579db.jpg

Looks like it's coming along very nicely indeed.

made me happy too!.... ~ but only for a few seconds, the delay came back to me soon after seeing those pics.

I'm not an expert, but lighting seems much better ... In the first shot there seems to be some very decent self-shadowing on the aliens?

If those last shots Titanio posted are actual gameplay, then the game will end up looking much better than the HD movie I watched recently.

Those last pictures are more like it. That's starting to look next-gen. Just look at the fire around that bomber going down in that one picture. That's impressive.

Back