Resistance: FOM fits on a standard DVD, Blu-Ray game uses 17gb of garbage padding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playsyde's video shows that FMVs are mostly static images with voiceovers. The actual useful game data could indeed fit on a single 9GB DVD (though filling it without any use of redundancy for quicker loads) as it seems.

Playsyde's video shows that FMVs are mostly static images with voiceovers. The actual useful game data could indeed fit on a single 9GB DVD (though filling it without any use of redundancy for quicker loads) as it seems.

Without any FMVs either. That would be pretty minimal for any kind of game, wouldn't it?

C'mon now. This has already been proven wrong! Obviously by the tone of the OP, it was intended as a direct attack on SONY, but has fallen flat on it's face. And what's this fascination of whether it could fit or not? Lets just move on.:rolleyes:

Not 17 GB of padding, but the point stands that it looks like they used way more space for videos and multi-language audio than actual game. :)

We can debate to death the merits of a bigger disk, but at the end of the day it just gives devs an option to do things differently.
The whole debacle stinks of 'see I was right! nah nah nah!' syndrome. The 360 gained a year, the PS3 gained a bigger disk. End of story.

I admit I've been tempted to jump on the bandwagon too, but at the end of the day it would be a hollow victory.

sigh.png

Ther's absolutely nothing on resistance to suggest that it needs all this space.The gameplay length is semi-decent(12 hours for single player) but nothing extraordinary and the game is fairly linear without the need to "built" huge worlds or anything,the textures used are good but not above other next generation games and the game doesn't make use of CGI.

I fail to see what makes resistance so space hungry...

Without any FMVs either. That would be pretty minimal for any kind of game, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't be too much of a loss as it seems, they could show still images with simple voice playback instead and it'd be the same...

Any chance we could have "ruined" locked out from these boards? I really don´t like people that mislead the readers here ON PURPOSE!

i second that, it seems that he doesnt like Sony even though it is the developer who he should point the finger at.

Ther's absolutely nothing on resistance to suggest that it needs all this space.The gameplay length is semi-decent(12 hours for single player) but nothing extraordinary and the game is fairly linear without the need to "built" huge worlds or anything,the textures used are good but not above other next generation games and the game doesn't make use of CGI.

I fail to see what makes resistance so space hungry...

Variation perhaps

We can debate to death the merits of a bigger disk, but at the end of the day it just gives devs an option to do things differently.
The whole debacle stinks of 'see I was right! nah nah nah!' syndrome. The 360 gained a year, the PS3 gained a bigger disk. End of story.

I admit I've been tempted to jump on the bandwagon too, but at the end of the day it would be a hollow victory.

sigh.png

awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Variation perhaps

awesome
Aren't we talking about a 12 hours game?The game also doesn't seem to use that many textures as most of the levels look one-two coloured(brownish or gray).How is this game more varied compared to just about any decent game out on the market??

Aren't we talking about a 12 hours game?The game also doesn't seem to use that many textures as most of the levels look one-two coloured(brownish or gray).How is this game more varied compared to just about any decent game out on the market??

ehhh what does this have to do with anything ... anyway last time i saw a vid of Resistance they showed the same Chimera type's while both looked almost identical they had differences ( one had more teeth then the other ), soldiers also had slight differences

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back