Resistance: Fall of Man update! BIG READ , come inside!

BB or Kitty the graphics in resistance aren't constant are they ? because from what i have seem some levels look goddamn amazing while others just meh , it bloody reminds me of killzone

BB or Kitty the graphics in resistance aren't constant are they ? because from what i have seem some levels look goddamn amazing while others just meh , it bloody reminds me of killzone

I think that may just because the levels are so varied. No level really seems alike to the next level you play. The graphics actually seem to get better the further you get into the game imo.

Graphics!! ?

They are just pretty pictures that hold you for a second when you pause the game or take a screenshot.

You don't notice the graphics when you are enjoying the game as much and everywhere the game looks great. If any level has lower res textures you don't really notice. Maybe the second play through where you can look around more and take note.

Right now the game looks stellar on all levels.

Speng.

I think that may just because the levels are so varied. No level really seems alike to the next level you play. The graphics actually seem to get better the further you get into the game imo.
i hate that, how many chimi type's are there ?

I disagree. I am in full agreement of a 65% for graphics from Gamepro ;)

i hate that, how many chimi type's are there ?

lots. the basic grunt units vary greatly in appearance..not so much in strategy. They get marginally more difficult to kill. But it's still very cool to see so much variety in just one enemy type. You'll see many different designs during the later half of the game.
And dont get me started on the variety in enemies as a whole. Very different from other shooters, in this respect; you'll never really know what you're up against next. The game keeps the tension high this way.
I personally find the graphics to be exceptional, on a side note. Very sharp texturing, lots and lots of particle effects, physics, lighting effects, all occuring at once very quickly. My only complaint would be the lack of motion blur, which I have grown to adore after playing PDZ. But it is still a very beautiful game-absolutely underrated in this department.

The fact that it runs smooth makes it a lot more enjoyable to me than a game that looks 2x better but has frame rate problems.

For example Oblivion looks great at times. But the frame rate is completly unacceptable. When the "Huge battle" at the end of Oblivion consists of about 16 characters total and the frame rate drops lower than 10fps - this is a problem and a total wet blanket to the overall experience. I really don't care how it looks in still shots or how it looks in 1 on 1 combat if when the parts of the game that are supposed to be epic become a slide show.

Resistance runs silky smooth, even in split screen co-op. I never noticed any slow down even in huge battles where it felt like there were 50 some characters fighting in one area, friendly and foe, going at it.

The worse you can say about the graphics is that it's a bit mono chromatic. And for that reason the excelent graphics don't really pop out at you. But at least it's very consistant and detailed.

As far as FPS games go. For me I think I can easily say it's the best looking FPS I've played. And I've played just about every PC FPS game out there.

The fact that it runs smooth makes it a lot more enjoyable to me than a game that looks 2x better but has frame rate problems.
For example Oblivion looks great at times. But the frame rate is completly unacceptable. When the "Huge battle" at the end of Oblivion consists of about 16 characters total and the frame rate drops lower than 10fps - this is a problem and a total wet blanket to the overall experience. I really don't care how it looks in still shots or how it looks in 1 on 1 combat if when the parts of the game that are supposed to be epic become a slide show.
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GENRE.

God.

Just want balanced weapons and fun online with this.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GENRE.

God.

Just want balanced weapons and fun online with this.

It doesn't matter what the genre is when talking about the FPS. Its maybe acceptable to have lower than 30 FPS in RPGs when you hardly notice it, but if the framerate drops alot in those aswell, you will hate it. IMO its not acceptable for a game to have lower than 30 FPS, locked preferred.

Is this game run and gun or more stop and pop?

A bit of both. There's a lot of parts where you get torn to shreds if you try to run n gun it (even on the easiest difficulty). There's also a lot of parts where it's easier if you do that (generally when there's only a couple bad guys).

Is this game run and gun or more stop and pop?

The pace of the game is pretty good. It depends on the situation whether you "run and gun", "stop and pop", "strategically take out specific targets", or "go Kamakazie".

The atmosphere and some of the areas are great. It becomes very challenging when you have different chimera on you at once. A couple of dogs and some slaves and you have serious trouble and a huge adrenaline rush.

A couple hundred scorpions and a few slaves and you start fretting whether you have enough cover and bullets.

Game is great. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Speng.

The pace of the game is pretty good. It depends on the situation whether you "run and gun", "stop and pop", "strategically take out specific targets", or "go Kamakazie".

Cool. Somebody was saying the game is boring and it's all run and gun, rinse and repeat. It basically confirms he was lying about playing or even owning the game because i've been told by others you most definitely cannot do that the whole game.

the shots are a strange resolution because they are photos of someones projector and then scaled down to a reasonable size.

DC gets good photos off his projector.

Back