Resident Evil 5 for the Wii ??

There is rumor that Sega boss - Simon Jeffrey , let it slip that RE5 might be heading for the Nintendo Wii -

Discussing Nintendo's focus on the core gaming market, Jeffrey said: "The Wii's selling incredible amounts of hardware, but Nintendo knows it needs to expand the demographic. It needs to connect with the core gaming demographic."

He then added: "Resident Evil 5 - when that happens on the Wii that's going to help."

Intresting, what do does everybody think :D

How would he know? Does he personally know any of Capcom's higher ups? Is he privy to industry rumors we don't really hear?

This just sounds way too off to me. BTW, how about a link to where you read that?

Are there a lot of innovations in Resident Evil 5 versus 4 that prevent this from happening? If not, then I think there's a fair chance of a Wii version. They already have Resident Evil 4 on there after all, and that worked quite well, despite there also having been a GameCube version already.

Other than the graphical upgrades, it looks like very much the same game. I'd much rather play the game with the wii remote. If it has co-op, I'd be sold.

Discussing Nintendo's focus on the core gaming market, Jeffrey said: "The Wii's selling incredible amounts of hardware, but Nintendo knows it needs to expand the demographic. It needs to connect with the core gaming demographic."

He then added: "Resident Evil 5 - when that happens on the Wii that's going to help."

I think people are reading too much into the statement. He's just using that RE5 line as an example for how he wants Nintendo to broaden their appeal, nothing more. I am absolutely sure he's not privy to some inside information regarding a decision that is likely to be made by Capcom's Japan HQ.

But then again the Wii has a very strong install base around the world and it wouldn't be like Capcom not to take advantage of bringing it to the Wii and introducing some new features for the Wii edition of RE5.

Look at RE4, it turned quite nice

But then again the Wii has a very strong install base around the world and it wouldn't be like Capcom not to take advantage of bringing it to the Wii and introducing some new features for the Wii edition of RE5.

I am not ruling out that it might get made, I am ruling out that it's currently in development.

I am not ruling out that it might get made, I am ruling out that it's currently in development.

Yes i agree with you StefanS but for us to say its not development could be wrong and if i am not mistaken everbody thought Bioshock was never coming to the PS3, now look at what is happening and apparently 2K were already in development of the PS3 version before it was even officially announced, I even might have read that they started development right after the 360 version released.

For Wii fans - fingers crossed

Yes i agree with you StefanS but for us to say its not development could be wrong and if i am not mistaken everbody thought Bioshock was never coming to the PS3, now look at what is happening and apparently 2K were already in development of the PS3 version before it was even officially announced, I even might have read that they started development right after the 360 version released.

For Wii fans - fingers crossed

To be fair there's quite a big difference between porting a game from X360/PC -> PS3 and porting a game from X360/PS3 -> Wii.

I think people are reading too much into the statement. He's just using that RE5 line as an example for how he wants Nintendo to broaden their appeal, nothing more. I am absolutely sure he's not privy to some inside information regarding a decision that is likely to be made by Capcom's Japan HQ.

I have to say that doesn't sound anything like just an example to me.

BTW do you know this man personally?, you can't be even remotely sure of what he does or doesn't know otherwise.

To be fair there's quite a big difference between porting a game from X360/PC -> PS3 and porting a game from X360/PS3 -> Wii.

They don't need to port the engine from 360 or PS3. They have a Wii RE engine sitting there..

RE4 sold well on the Wii, so some form of RE5 on the Wii seems reasonable enough.

Hmm i can't imagine that snake boss thing being done on the Wii... anyway what is simon talking about, the wii is winning already... do they really need any help? Broaden it's appeal? I dont think nintendo has to worry about that at all.. with or without RE5... please... what IS he talking about?

Hmm i can't imagine that snake boss thing being done on the Wii... anyway what is simon talking about, the wii is winning already... do they really need any help? Broaden it's appeal? I dont think nintendo has to worry about that at all.. with or without RE5... please... what IS he talking about?

Wii does suffer in the eyes of your classic gamer. Games such as RE5 tend to appeal to that market.

They don't need to port the engine from 360 or PS3. They have a Wii RE engine sitting there..

That's exactly what I was thinking. Would they even need to update the engine at all in order to sell RE5 on the Wii?

I wouldn't think so. If Wii RE5 looked just like Wii RE4 I don't think Wii owners would complain.

Well the fact that Deadrising is coming to the Wii could mean the MT Framework engine (the engine that Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet, Deadrising, Bionic Commando was done on) has a Wii extension as well as PC, PS3, 360... which would mean to me that the MT Framework is no laughing matter...

Back