Resident Evil 1 Remake Remastered

The offline backdrops looks more amazing than I remembered, can't wait. I wonder if Capcom is using higher quality models in game ...possibly the cutscene models?

That is some damn fine upscaling if that is what they are doing, I donno if they have access to the higher quality artwork and are rerendering them for this remaster.

That is some damn fine upscaling if that is what they are doing, I donno if they have access to the higher quality artwork and are rerendering them for this remaster.

I always thought/believed major developers for the most part retained their original assets across generations ...not just for future reference, but for any legal reasons that might occur (popup).

I always thought/believed major developers for the most part retained their original assets across generations ...not just for future reference, but for any legal reasons that might occur (popup).

I have always thought most devs keep the original assets also.
If they dont then they should. Most games last gen created high poly character models and baked the detail into normal maps for the in game low poly models. I would hope they dontthrow those high poly models away.

Well those pre-rendered backgrounds really "aged" well.

Capcom should remaster Onimusha 1 & 2 HD...with new controls. :yep2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would the upscaling be better on PC?

Since the backgrounds are only upscaled and the community can theoretically upscale them on its own with the same level of quality (as shown by the GAF poster), we can have all the benefits of the remaster while at the same time preserving the original game's aesthetics: no orange lightning, no extreme bloom, properly saturated colors, no lazy color grading...

Or even a different direction, the community could replace the backgrounds by redoing them all from scratch and render them natively at high resolutions. That would obviously require far more effort but it's doable in principle.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

Great news :D I always wanted to play this version. RE1 was one of my favorite games ever
RE1 is there in the top 5 games ever perhaps. I had the original on PC, which I bought at launch and played on a monster 3D.

As of currently, I also have RE1 Remake and RE0 Remake for the PC, which are great, but they still keep the classic format of pre-rendered background and 3D characters, but I rather prefer if they make a Re remake of both, 'cos new generations would literally hallucinate with the series and it would bring new fans to it.

Also, Dolby Atmos support... ufffff, would be a dream come true. Thanks to Dolby Atmos, the atmosphere of RE2 Remake was close to perfection.

Back