Red Dead Redemption

Noob question incoming, am a little bit worried, need tech advise please:

I am planning to buy this for the Xbox360. The last time I used the elite (for ME2) it freezed 3 times in a row during short period of time - that is why I switched to the ol launch box. launch box works fine and stable, but only has component video out.

So what is the effect of component compared to hdmi on IQ?
I don't think that it will look as blurry as the PS3 version, right?
Component 720p 2xAA is still >> 644p QAA, right?

Thanks guys for your answers and help!

Second question, if I understand it correctly, you can play free roam online with your buddies and do some missions and stuff?

I personally don't think you'll feel as if anything's wrong with the game.
And ofcourse HDMI & TV settings should make things 'somewhat' better for you compared to component.

Horse Collecting

The deed, as far as I understand it, allows you to select it (litterally, in the menu system) and whistle to summon it as much as you want. So in essence, once you have the dead you can unlimited access to that particular horse.

As a bonus, the game will also quick save when selecting horse deed... I have collected 5 or 6 deeds and switch based on what color horse I feel like riding. :LOL:

edit:

First off the dead eye meter shouldnt be allowed online, its basically auto-aim and normal aiming is press LT and lock on to enemies. Played a few modes tonight and its basically the winning team gets it easier (they will usually always have full dead eye meters) so when the losing team respawns you just get 4 X's on em and kill them and repeat.

I was on both ends tonight and it just seems broken with the dead eye meter, shouldnt be in MP at all IMO. Free Roam is amazing and Hardcore will be my new place for MP.
I was hating MP (even when I was winning when getting to dead eye refills) until I went to to "Casual" mode. (Never thought I'd do that) and even though it's lock on, there is no dead eye in there so it was much more balanced,compared to normal. Having a blast in there. :D

I'll try Hardcore when I unlock that

--------------------------------------------
Load Time comparison for 360

Load time, then fast traveled from a camp in the plains to Thieves Landing.

Load to game:
Off disc: 22:02
HDD install (120 GB): 12:35
Cruzer 16 GB USB: 13:21
Patriot 16 GB USB: 13:04

Fast travel:
Off disc: 33:55
HDD install (120 GB): 22:41
Cruzer 16 GB USB: 22:10
Patriot 16 GB USB: 22:08

I was hating MP (even when I was winning when getting to dead eye refills) until I went to to "Casual" mode. (Never thought I'd do that) and even though it's lock on, there is no dead eye in there so it was much more balanced,compared to normal. Having a blast in there. :D

I'll try Hardcore when I unlock that

Weird. Is the casual aim a snap aim, like in Call of Duty, or is it full lock-on with target selection like the GTA4 default?

I really think the Dead Eye doesn't work in multiplayer, or at least players can use it way too much. It basically allows you to fire anyway weapon like a machinegun with 100% accuracy, which defeats the purpose of playing an "Expert" aim game. You probably won't like Hardcore since it seems to be all about using Dead Eye.

Could you do something , like , form a gang with your friends and terrorize a town ? :LOL:

To a limited exent. You'll shoot a few people and then the marshalls will be after you. The more the marshalls start coming, the less you'll see the townspeople.

One other complaint I have about multiplayer is you can't use the lasso. That's an absolutely stupid choice. There must be a reason for it, but it really is a cool weapon to use in single player, and you could do some awesome stuff with it in free roam.

Weird. Is the casual aim a snap aim, like in Call of Duty, or is it full lock-on with target selection like the GTA4 default?

I really think the Dead Eye doesn't work in multiplayer, or at least players can use it way too much. It basically allows you to fire anyway weapon like a machinegun with 100% accuracy, which defeats the purpose of playing an "Expert" aim game. You probably won't like Hardcore since it seems to be all about using Dead Eye.

the lock on is center mass (no snap to parts like GTA) and you have to manually move it for body part, head shot. If you move it too far it comes off the target. the difference from Normal is if you stay locked on (hold lft trigger and don't move the right stick) it follows the target as it moves.

sucks about Dead Eye in HC. wish there was a Normal or Expert with no dead eye

the lock on is center mass (no snap to parts like GTA) and you have to manually move it for body part, head shot. If you move it too far it comes off the target. the difference from Normal is if you stay locked on (hold lft trigger and don't move the right stick) it follows the target as it moves.

sucks about Dead Eye in HC. wish there was a Normal or Expert with no dead eye

Yeah, I'm wondering what veteran is going to be, but you need to rank up to some absurd level to play it, which just seems stupid.

What is a little bit weired:

3 of my buddies, independently, told me that they cannot find RDR PS3 version to buy?!?!
It seems to be sold out everywhere, I just checked amazon.at, and it is available again at 27.Mai...Xbox360 versions are still available!

still having fun in Casual MP. :D

the cool thing about this MP is it uses assets from the SP and the whole map is open while you are in a match.... last night some guy rode off out of the play area and I tracked him down for 5 minutes miles away and killed him. :). Not that we want that happening in a lot of games but it did allow me to flank the enemy from waaaay behind but it takes a while to do it.

I love the way the Euphoria engine handles these animations... very cool, excellent graphics and realism in the gun fighting.

In general though Casual mode is fun because of the lock on since it's not much easier than normal but does not have Dead Eye so all matches are pretty danged fun and the weapon drops are plentiful and add some variety.

Level 15 now and tried expert and got creamed but can see how fun it would be once i learn how to aim.

It's a nice game, but god is it annoying when it keeps breaking itself. Twice now I've had to restart a mission because the game froze up right at the end of it. And I'm pretty sure I've just entered a mission halfway through because the story skipped ahead on me.

It's a nice game, but god is it annoying when it keeps breaking itself. Twice now I've had to restart a mission because the game froze up right at the end of it. And I'm pretty sure I've just entered a mission halfway through because the story skipped ahead on me.

Which version do you play Ps3/Xbox360 ?

My copy has just arrived. I got the limited edition as it was cheaper than the regular edition!! As far as I can see you get four extra bits - Deadly Assassin Outfit, Golden Guns weapon pack, The War Horse (shades of Oblivion there!!), and the original game soundtrack.

Back