Realtek AMD vs Onboard conflicts

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
So I have a realtek audio device onboard, and after having had audio issues for a long time now, often after Flash updates or something else, and sometimes just not being able to solve them, I finally tracked it down to the ATI 5570 having basically the same realtek audio chipset on board for its HDMI audio out.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I just didn't get audio and I could select a preferred audio device and be done with it, but once the AMD one is activated, most audio stuff crashes once used by certain applications, but Flash in particular (though not Windows bootup audio for instance, but once crashed, the windows logof sound can't be played either).

It is incredibly annoying, and I can't really find a solution so far. Does anyone have any ideas?

Basically reinstalling the drivers works, but typically just after a reboot, I'm back to square one.

Can't you just disable the drivers for the video card audio? Or just not install them?

Can't you just disable the drivers for the video card audio? Or just not install them?

Apparently not. I keep disabling them, but somehow they end up getting enabled again every once in a while (sometimes very quickly). I have even disabled automatic updates, but that doesn't help. Something keeps updating them.

I think the driver is stored somewhere in Windows even when uninstalled. Unless disabling it in Device Manager works, you probably need to totally remove all traces of the AMD drivers from your system before installing them again and somehow avoid installing the audio driver.

I think the driver is stored somewhere in Windows even when uninstalled. Unless disabling it in Device Manager works, you probably need to totally remove all traces of the AMD drivers from your system before installing them again and somehow avoid installing the audio driver.

I don't think that's even possible?

I don't think that's even possible?
Inf editing, finding out where the audio driver is in the install package and renaming the files ... I dunno.

Maybe you should contact AMD support or the support staff of the guys that made your video card.

Why cant you use driver sweeper
remove amd stuff
download cat 11.11
custom install
unselect audio driver

:oops: Now there's an idea - I just used the AMD Catalyst Change option, and that allowed me to select a component for uninstall. So I selected the HDMI/DP Audio driver there:

Packages for uninstall
HDMI/DP Audio Driver
Final Status: Success
Version of Item: 7.12.0.7700
Size: 1 Mbytes

:cool:

To my defense, it only showed up as an AMD Audio Driver about a week ago. Before that it kept showing up as a generic audio driver and a couple of other variations.

Thanks!

Now lets hope it doesn't magically reappear!

EDIT: Right, so what this has achieved, is that the device no longer shows up as an AMD device, but the old "High Definition Audio Device" I had before, and it is enabled again! Effin heck. :S

Can't you disable the onboard and use the one on 5570 instead ? That's what I typically do with onboard audio, disable them and use sound card or HDMI audio.

Wow... Driver conflicts! Now that's a blast from the past, for sure! Maybe we can cook up some IRQ collisions too for good measure? :cool:

Glad to hear the issue was successfully resolved.

Can't you disable the onboard and use the one on 5570 instead ? That's what I typically do with onboard audio, disable them and use sound card or HDMI audio.

It's not on-board, though. It is on my 5570. I don't know if that has a way to disable its HDMI Audio out ... Something I could look into.

device manager -- High Definition Audio Device -- disable -- uninstall driver -- reboot ?

This I have tried several times. It comes back. Just disabling is more effective, and keeps the problem away longer, but not permanently.

It's not on-board, though. It is on my 5570

No what he is saying is disable your mboard sound in the bios and use hdmi audio (how you use it with headphones ive no idea)

Or you could by an live/audigy/x-fi and enjoy eax goodness
i have a 6950/xfi never had a confict or even had to disable hdmi audio (although i have onboard audio disabled in the bios) (realtek alc882-m)

what hapens if you disable it here (right click -- disable)

Yep, disabled it there too - in fact for good measure I disabled all digital audio because I only use analog.

Had an issue in the meantime already again, with Flash crashing my audio, but a reboot did solve that. And yeah, I use a LCD with DVI connector to my HDMI output of the videocard, so no use for Audio over HDMI.

Back