Real Time Blue Dragon Trailer

This game looks amazing. I wonder if they are using the subdivision surface hardware to make all the character models so smooth looking? actually everything in this game is smooth looking. They weren't joking when they said they went with a claymation look to the lighting and animation.

This game is on my must buy list.

that's INCREDIBLE, fantastic!!!!!! :LOL::LOL:
MISTWALKER FOT TEH WIN!
748_0003.jpg

when is this game supposed to be completed?

Anyway the water looked good but it only reflected light. The water reflections in Kameo are far more impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although i've never played a DQ game, this looks extremely cool. I love the quirky style and characters. Here's hoping that MS has the sense to release this here. :smile:

any word on the fight mechanics? this game looks really nice, I guess everyone can quit raggin on Artoon now, they're just doing the gfx and they look great.

It's kinda like what Kameo could've been if it was aimed at the 360 from day 1, but its gonna be a kick ass square-style jrpg!

looks ok it seems that the first part before that banner went up was FMV. I like the character designs though. I hope this is a traditional RPG.

seismologist said:
looks ok it seems that the first part before that banner went up was FMV. I like the character designs though. I hope this is a traditional RPG.

Looks 'ok'?!?!

Yea i thought that too about the intro but then they show an almost identical clip near the end which is AFTER the banner. A little confusing but regardless if looks great, if those intro/ending clips are realtime then it may be the best we've seen yet...

seismologist said:

Nope, all confirmed real-time. Thanks for playing though :p

i wonder how long until 'looks like it's only 30fps' :LOL:

that scene with the big robot is crazy, i just hope it's a good solid RPG, i think the release date is Q1 or Q2 '06, anyone know?

Looks really nice :)
Japanese seem to handle x360 very well. The art , design , style is really solid.
And i love the music :)

expletive said:
It was only a mtter of time before the sony contingent dropped by with the obligatory 'its allright' or 'ok' ;)

wait why should it matter if I'm a Sony fan? If this game were announced as Square's next gen RPG for the PS3 I dont think it would change my opinion that it looks ok.

seismologist said:
wait why should it matter if I'm a Sony fan? If this game were announced as Square's next gen RPG for the PS3 I dont think it would change my opinion that it looks ok.

It shouldnt, but from what ive seen (and based on responsese, apparently a few others as well), there seems to be an inordinate amount of 'playing down' the newer 360 games by Sony fans.

To be fair, im sure it would be vice-versa if there were any realtime PS3 stuff besides MGS4.

EDIT:these new trailers really make you wonder wtf was the problem with the launch titles because while some of them look great, these newer games we're seeing are clearly an order of magnitude better.

Last edited by a moderator:
expletive said:
It shouldnt, but from what ive seen (and based on responsese, apparently a few others as well), there seems to be an inordinate amount of 'playing down' the newer 360 games by Sony fans.

To be fair, im sure it would be vice-versa if there were any realtime PS3 stuff besides MGS4.

EDIT:these new trailers really make you wonder wtf was the problem with the launch titles because while some of them look great, these newer games we're seeing are clearly an order of magnitude better.
I have seen quite a few people downplay Gundamn after they proved it was realtime, and not CGI as many previously thought.

Anyway this looks great. Good to see the 360 getting more japanese developers on board.

Back