Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
The game looks good but I mean come on

and this is a 4 year old movie

its not even up Monster's university

that's a 7 year old movie

Still photos hide a lot , the movement and lighting is no where near the same sadly .

But hey even if they are a decade behind Pixar that's a great place to be.

Will be fun to compare Zootopia 2 to the best ps5/xsx games of the time. I think its a 2021 movie but may now be a 2022 movie

I mean I wish i could play an rpg that looked like this

The fog scene alone is insane

Wow! Comparing a pre-rendered movie worth hundreds of thousands of hours to a game that's rendering in realtime. It's close enough that a child, and even adults, could think it's a movie scene and not computer generated in real-time.

OK, I didn't mean they look the same pixel by pixel of course. But the feel of a high end CG animation is getting close, at least to me. I have Zootopia on 4k UHD disc and the only thing that looks noticeably better is the lighting. The cutscene in R&C really does look close at times.
That's to you , I think its quite obvious the differences between the two. I just provided a visual retort.

Wow! Comparing a pre-rendered movie worth hundreds of thousands of hours to a game that's rendering in realtime. It's close enough that a child, and even adults, could think it's a movie scene and not computer generated in real-time.

Right. Why did ultragpu make the comparison? You would think he should know better.

I'm not the one who made the comparison , only countered a claim. I think its ludicrous to believe that something that can have hours to render a single frame would be compared to a real time game. Just lookin at the two in motion and its night and day.

the upside of diminishing returns is it means simultaneously we are at the point of deminishing differences. As in the differences to offline cgi.

Still the best looking "next-gen" title. But..there's literally no sign of ray tracing (it's all environmental mapping via cube maps, planar reflections and SSR) contrary to what saw discussed after the first trailer (?). Could be wrong though...

Still the best looking "next-gen" title. But..there's literally no sign of ray tracing (it's all environmental mapping via cube maps and SSR) contrary to what saw discussed after the first trailer (?).

There is raytracing but some of the things aren't raytraced at all. there are some missing reflection but I hope it will improve before release this is a trailer made for june probably from April/may build.

There is raytracing but some of the things aren't raytraced at all. there are some missing reflection but I hope it will improve before release this is a trailer made for june probably from April/may build.
Yep, you can see the normal characters are all raytraced in the shiny floor. When their feet move, the image in the floor moves as well so definitely RT. The portals aren't raytraced at all, hopefully they will fix before the launch.

Back