Quantum Break versus Uncharted 4 visual comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that was actual bounce lighting, in simple terms all it probably does is that it turns on an invisible light of the same colour as the object getting lit and the movement of that light is dependent on the movement of your flashlight.

Basically it wouldn't work on every surface, and on the surfaces where you see colour bleeding it would be so because the developers specifically hand placed lights of that colour there. Then there are surfaces where you should have seen some minor colour bleeding (because the surface would be a light coloured surface) but instead they just reflected a general white light that was used whenever there were no hand placed coloured lights.

If it really was actual GI it would work without any manual inputs.

That would make sense for the Ps3 architecture considering they were fighting with resources but would be too time consuming for Uncharted 4 considering the scale of it all. I think i am going to wait for both games to come out before making assumptions, it's best that way. The only difficult thing is going to be time managing between QB and Dark Souls 3 which release so close together.

UC4 has definitely the advantage in clarity thanks to the overall much better resolution of pretty much everything. QB hides the low res by some smart post AA, but it doesn't help the blurry look.

I'm starting to understand why others were skeptic about the value of this thread. This discussion about GI and Bounce light is so filled with over-simplification, misinformation, and dumb generalization it hurts.

Wonder if the max (ultra?) settings just put all those effects at native res.
Based on how the engine works probably that plus increasing the AF level, textures res, shadow LOD (witch is bound to the Voxel tree and set to 2 meters on Xbox One)

Very sensible. AO is soft so there's no point wasting effort processing imperceptible extra pixels.
Particularly when you've already reached such fine level of detail:

EA2ml9s.jpg

I'm starting to understand why others were skeptic about the value of this thread. This discussion about GI and Bounce light is so filled with over-simplification, misinformation, and dumb generalization it hurts.
I repeat my objection to this thread and point out it has no objective value.

I repeat my objection to this thread and point out it has no objective value.

Technically it does, it creates ad revenue for B3D. But seriously, i also think it's dumb to create a thread months before the games are out to compare pre-release footage. It's obvious that this thread will be full of misinformation and bold claims.
Based on how the engine works probably that plus increasing the AF level, textures res, shadow LOD (witch is bound to the Voxel tree and set to 2 meters on Xbox One)

Yes, it's noticeable in the gamespot videos: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/quantum-break-5-minutes-of-striker-fight-gameplay/2300-6429441/

http://gfycat.com/FalseFlawedAffenpinscher
http://gfycat.com/MemorableGoldenDikkops

Wondering how far we can push it on PC. Judging by the recommended specs QB will be taxing, it's also the first AAA game to be using Dx12 exclusively.

Last edited:
So Quantum Break is now 1080P ? Someone said earlier in this thread that it was 900P with some lower res 720P effects (common practice). Now I'm even more curious about the gulf of technical differences between the Xbone version and PC version seeing Xbone is 1080P and PC's recommended spec mentions a GTX 970.

The game does have this incredibly soft look that was prevalent in Alan Wake as well, even in the PC version. Maybe that's just their style.

Wonder if the max (ultra?) settings just put all those effects at native res.
That would make the game insanely expensive computationally.
I don't think there is a single game out there that does and SSAO at native res...especially when you consider native res on PC is flexible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back