PSP Firmware 3.0 is out, Sweet Ps1 emulation is here!

First YouTube of the Emulator in Action (Tekken 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sxqTyG1eVw&eurl=

Nice detail that they seem to have included the manual in digital form.

Tekken 2 had the great hidden feature where you could play from a wireframe/first person view ... that was a lot of fun. Wonder if that's in there still.

There's also one of Resident Evil, which I have to say is pretty sweet. Are there any games up in English? If so I'd love to see the list.

There has been some talk of this on other forums, but has anyone else noticed a speed increase with firmware 3.0? I'm pretty sure Vice City runs smoother with 3.0 than it did with 2.8x.. kinda hard to be sure, guess I could try to do some comparison with my other PSP.

It seems some Ps1 games have been made available for download on the Playstation Store. The available titles are Crash Bandicoot, Cool Boarders, Hot shots golf, Syphon Filter and Tekken 2. I think they cost $5.99, but I can't be sure since I just found the news, but can't seem to find it on the Store itself. Oh well, I thought I'd give you guys the heads up anyway.

Again slightly offtopic, but another new version of Devhook (0.51) was released, that supposedly supports firmware 3.01! Haven't had the time to try it out yet, though.

Firmware 3.02 is released, just installing it, don't know yet what are the changes.
Funny thing is, the update notified "There is a LATER version of firmware available...." or something like that :)

EDIT: Seems to be just a security update

Last edited by a moderator:
Back