PSone downloadable games (now playable on PS3)

Are these also available in Europe now? Has anyone checked?

I'll be able to see for myself in a few hours

I just checked and I can't find any PS1 Games.
Perhaps I'm just really stupid, but where should they show up if there were any?
Is there anything special you have to do that you don't need to do when you DL PS3games and other conten?

Nah, they're just still not there yet. Shame. The only new thing this weekend is a GT:HD trailer of a JGTC Nissan Z, one from the special demo Nissan had commissioned for the Geneva Motor Show. I actually got to play that demo on the Nissan stand of the Dutch version of that show in the Amsterdam RAI. It drove really nice, especially without traction control I really enjoyed it. They had a good setup too, with force feedback and Logitech Driving Force Pro wheels (no G25 yet, which I had a chance to test yesterday - nice, but the gas and brake pedal are a bit close together, but then it does have clutch pedal and a 'real' six speed gearbox)

SOmething's coming to Europe...

"Over the next few weeks, some new and exciting changes will take place in the PLAYSTATION®Store. In preparation for this, both PLAYSTATION®Network and PLAYSTATION®Store need to be taken offline for a short while to allow us to carry out the upgrade and maintenance work.

This is scheduled to take place between 16:00 and 19:00 BST (17:00-20:00 CEST) on Tuesday 8th May 2007.

We are hoping to complete this work in as short a time as possible and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. But remember that these enhancements are paving the way for new and exciting content that we have planned for the Store!"

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=85566

kyleb said:
I don't see how you are suggesting the PS1 does anything less? It is not like games played on a PS1 come out 320 pixels wide on any display.
PS1 just modulates analog signals - PS3 actually upscales content to 640 and then sends it out to TV (just like any other upscaler). If it was just a signal pass-through, there would have been no BC issue before 1.5.

From what I've seen. the 1.5 firmware simply fixed the scaling of odd sized backbuffers
Frontbuffers - and the exact same scaling bug that was in PS3, also exists on the entire line of Samsung LCD TVs(for the past 3 years anyway), and likely on some other HDTVs that share similar scaling hw.
Since 1.5, PS3 output is fine, and because it's 640, TV scaler doesn't have issues with it. What PS2 outputs isn't - so 512 games look borked on the fore-mentioned TVs.

PS1 just modulates analog signals - PS3 actually upscales content to 640 and then sends it out to TV (just like any other upscaler). If it was just a signal pass-through, there would have been no BC issue before 1.5.

Frontbuffers - and the exact same scaling bug that was in PS3, also exists on the entire line of Samsung LCD TVs(for the past 3 years anyway), and likely on some other HDTVs that share similar scaling hw.
Since 1.5, PS3 output is fine, and because it's 640, TV scaler doesn't have issues with it. What PS2 outputs isn't - so 512 games look borked on the fore-mentioned TVs.

SO there's a problem with Samsung tv's for ps2 game playback through a ps3? How about PS3 games...since on neogaf some Samsung owners appeared more outspoken about jaggies playing the Ninja Gaiden demo, then those owning Sony tv's. ?

Nah, NGS simply doesn't use any to compensate for aliasing on much of the environment and some people find that more disappointing that others. Besides, Fafalada is talking about PS2 games on a PS2 there, nothing to do with a PS3, though I can't say I've ever heard of the scaling issues with PS2s on Samsung displays or otherwise and Google isn't turning thing up.

Also Fafalada, how is modulating an analog signal from one resolution anything but scaling?

deepbrown said:
SO there's a problem with Samsung tv's for ps2 game playback through a ps3?
No, through a PS2.
PS3 fixes the issue.

kyleb said:
Also Fafalada, how is modulating an analog signal from one resolution anything but scaling?
Ok, technically it's only difference between analog and digital scaling. But unfortunately, as it stands the former is mishandled by a lot of devices out there.

though I can't say I've ever heard of the scaling issues with PS2s on Samsung displays or otherwise and Google isn't turning thing up
I'd guess most users aren't adequately informed on the issue, so they just assume it's how "ps2 looks on HD", which couldn't be farther from the truth. Also don't forget it affects only 512 games - and composite connection makes the picture so god-awful blurry it effectively hides scaling artifacts.

I was actually pretty shocked myself when we tried a relatively new Sammy LCD at the office (on a PS2) and FF12 logo looked exactly like those old shots of broken image on PS3.
My older home panel exhibits somewhat less issues - but the scaling is still clearly broken (when I toggle between 512/640 it's very obvious).

Back