PS5 Pro *spawn

I mean, haven't heard anyone, be it users or tech outlets, lamenting poor image quality when the game came out.

And after forspoken, Jedi Survivor pre patch and ff7 rebirth, I know pretty well what bad image quality looks like.

TLOU 2 has this really uniform image quality, there aren't any scenes where you think you'd like more sharpness or where it becomes a shimmering mess. It's really optimized for the content it displays.

There's a difference between having a blurry image and having blurry in surface detail.

You can see how bad it is in the DF video, look how much the games TAA is destroying the surface detail on the bag.

I mean, haven't heard anyone, be it users or tech outlets, lamenting poor image quality when the game came out.

And after forspoken, Jedi Survivor pre patch and ff7 rebirth, I know pretty well what bad image quality looks like.

TLOU 2 has this really uniform image quality, there aren't any scenes where you think you'd like more sharpness or where it becomes a shimmering mess. It's really optimized for the content it displays.
I wouldn't call it poor image quality, but they're certainly blurry. There's a reason why they're doing this upgrade and making the IQ super sharp now.

Oh yeah that was nice for the time when there were lots of alpha surfaces. Not so much these days where more stuff is rendered using real geometry (fences, trees etc). Nothing beats temporal oversampling for IQ.

That's where the MSAA would come in.

I also think there's still more transparency in games than you think.

By that logic the existing performance mode was 4k too. It upscales 1440p to 4k using TAA.
Yes it was 4k as well at 30 fps!!.

That's the point of PSSR. rntonga is saying PS5 Pro delivers on better PS5 gaming - '4K quality modes at higher framerates' - because PSSR enables it. He did not say PS5 Pro is rendering native 4K60 and there's no need for it to.
Exactly somehow it became an argument about native vs upscaled, which was besides the point that the game runs at 4k 60 fps

You got your wording wrong.

It's not the same resolution.

Pro is still running at 1440p and using PSSR.
Nope I got my wording right, its running natively at 1440p and its running upscaled at 4k. What the consumer sees is a 4k image. Whether a person likes"native" or upscaled is imho another argument altogether. But the game runs at 4k 60 fps.

Back