PS5 Pro *spawn

When it comes to TAA there's five areas for me..

1. Coverage - How well does it handle jaggies/shimmering
  2. In surface detail - How much has the TAA has trashed the surface detail in pursuit of good coverage
  3. Sharpness - How sharp does the game look and is it over-sharpened
  4. Clarity while stationary - How blurry is the game when the camera isn't moving (This is the best case for TAA and is when it looks the best)
  5. Clarity while in motion - This is where most TAA implementations fall apart and why I don't like comparisons with TAA that only use a still camera

Every TAA implementation will vary with all five areas, some will offer great clarity while in motion, but have poor coverage.

Others (like ND's) will offer good coverage and decent clarity, but destroy surface detail.
Honestly, if I had to take one of those negatives, I would take reducing surface detail every time. Anything that's not ai assisted will fail at least one of those anyways.

So I'd say that the naughty dog TAA is one of the best. DLSS and PSSR will of course offer much better results, as long as they aren't oversharpened.

Honestly, if I had to take one of those negatives, I would take reducing surface detail every time. Anything that's not ai assisted will fail at least one of those anyways.

So I'd say that the naughty dog TAA is one of the best. DLSS and PSSR will of course offer much better results, as long as they aren't oversharpened.

I would take reduced coverage and have slightly more jaggies, but have a sharper image, good in-surface detail and better motion clarity.

If someone didn't get your point, you didn't get it right.
Natural language is oft ambiguous, particularly in the vernacular. Why so judgy over a mix-up with a few words that's easily solved by looking for a clearer explanation? I'd rather people just debate civilly towards a common understanding - isn't that really what B3D is about??
But it's curious that Pro is using lower settings that the quality mode on base PS5.

However minor, it's as if developers have to choose between PSSR and better settings.
Not seeing the connection. How would higher settings conflict with PSSR's ability to operate?

Back