PS5 Pro *spawn

He said "The PS5 pro delivers locked 60 fps at the same resolution and quality as the base PS5's fidelity mode in TLOU 2. Arguably better." That is just not true. One may subjectively prefer the look of PSSR but it has objective pros and cons when compared to fidelity mode. The quality is not the same. 1440p with reconstruction is not the same resolution as a native 4K.

Looking at the video and listening what Oliver says seems it's very close to the native 4K@30 mode on the base model but at 60fps. It even seems to resolve more details.

Which is exactly what the other AI upscalers manifest, isn't it?

I'm pretty impressed considering this is the 1st iteration of PSSR.

Looking at the video and listening what Oliver says seems it's very close to the native 4K@30 mode on the base model but at 60fps. It even seems to resolve more details.

Which is exactly what the other AI upscalers manifest, isn't it?

I'm pretty impressed considering this is the 1st iteration of PSSR.
In my experience and analysis of upscaling solutions, no upscaler has ever resolved detail better than native.

In my experience and analysis of upscaling solutions, no upscaler has ever resolved detail better than native.

That may be true for textures but certainly not for fine geometry. There is ample evidence that upscalers do a better job of resolving thin tree branches, wires etc than native.

That may be true for textures but certainly not for fine geometry. There is ample evidence that upscalers do a better job of resolving thin tree branches, wires etc than native.
Isn’t that more to do with the AA portion than it is to do with upscaling?

That's the point of PSSR. rntonga is saying PS5 Pro delivers on better PS5 gaming - '4K quality modes at higher framerates' - because PSSR enables it. He did not say PS5 Pro is rendering native 4K60 and there's no need for it to.
Then it is substantially less impressive than what he wants us to believe. We're all well aware that reconstruction to 4K from 1440p will improve the image quality over a native 1440p image.

Back