PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
720P is MORE than enough resolution to show a photorealistic image.

I watch every television show and movie on a 720P display and every live action television show looks fully realistic with actors who look "alive" and not like animated characters. Upscaled to 1080P, the 720P image would look even better.
That's just a silly analogy. Live action TV shows and movies are rendered at pretty much infinite resolution and downscaled at various steps to your 720p display. Even cgi animation films are rendered at much higher resolution than 1080p and downscaled to 720p.
And I think upscaling from 720p to 1080p would only make it look worse, not better.

Concerning the next gen consoles, I've been in the 12-14Tflop range for around a year now and see no reason to change that.

Back on topic; The Neo can just bump GPU 10%, CPU to 2.4Ghz, faster GDDR5 and that should be enough.

That's just a silly analogy. Live action TV shows and movies are rendered at pretty much infinite resolution and downscaled at various steps to your 720p display. Even cgi animation films are rendered at much higher resolution than 1080p and downscaled to 720p.
And I think upscaling from 720p to 1080p would only make it look worse, not better.
I really can't imagine how many more times we need to say this. Over and over.
The argument pops up every so often and every time we need to repeat this. Boring.

Almost 3 years after and 14nm instead of 28nm and only $100 price cut?

That would be a 25% price cut after 34-36 months.

Some perspective:

PS2 had a 33% price cut after 19 months

Almost 3 years after and 14nm instead of 28nm and only $100 price cut?

That would be a 25% price cut after 34-36 months.

Some perspective:

PS2 had a 33% price cut after 19 months

Yeah...I'm guessing this thing will be on sale for $250 somewhere during November/December

No he said that Sony rep tells him the Xbox ONE S is a cool product but no NEO release this year. He said to him the NEO is an existing product but no release in 2016
Oh boy.. if come next Wednesday all they have to show is the Slim and the same old PSVR titles they've been showing for months, they're going to have a bad time..

Are they? Personally I think they could easily do that, forget Neo and everyone would be really quite happy with their ps4 for a little while. Not that that's gonna happen.

Oh boy.. if come next Wednesday all they have to show is the Slim and the same old PSVR titles they've been showing for months, they're going to have a bad time..

I was before E3 and maybe the Sony rep lies or was not knowing the Sony plan, I doubt all the company know everything about NEO before E3.

If the Neo becomes a 2017 product then Sony have went for option #2, the more powerful Neo.
Also the $299 price for the Slim is massively disappointing, $249 would make much more of an impact.

Becomes? There is zero verified information about when they intend to launch it. All we have is weak conjectures and rumors saying it was a 2016 product. This is more and more doubtful.

PS4 also had very strong rumors it would launch in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back