[PS3] Uncharted 2

I think it's a piss take on the everything must have bloom turned up to 11 that plagued the start of this generation.

It's obvious what it does, so I guess you haven't bought it/tried it yet?

I think it's a piss take on the everything must have bloom turned up to 11 that plagued the start of this generation.

It's obvious what it does, so I guess you haven't bought it/tried it yet?

yeah i did but i made everything look red-orange-ish i guess, there was no color separation in anything....looked like shit imho. i thought if this is next-gen count me out:???:

Yes, it's taking the mic from the early days of Brown-o-vision next-gen visuals, with all too many 'gritty' shooters.

Despite all this, I still don't enjoy the shooting as much as I do the platforming, adventuring and exploring, but that's down to personal preference. I'm playing it on normal and even on that, the AI is very good and quite a challenge in some parts.

I'm playing U1 again after having finished U2 and the shooting parts in U2 are way more enjoyable for me than the ones in U1, some of which I find plain annoying. I always thought that U1 would have been an even better game without that much shooting and I feel ND hit the nail in the head with U2.

U2 felt intense many times, whereas in U1 it sometimes feels boring waiting covered and killing the bad guys one by one until you kill the last one only to find out that 10 more are coming as you walk.

Preview about the prequel comic. First edition should be available tomorrow on the PS store.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037461p1.html - also a trailer.

The Official PS Blog published new details about the comic today:

hitting the PSN today is UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – a four episode Motion Comic – it’s an original prequel story to UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. We’ve been working on this baby for the past year

We’re launching the first episode for free to whet your appetite and the rest of the episodes will come out in November. Be on the lookout for an upcoming announcement about an awesome pack-in that we’ll include with future episodes.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/uncharted-eye-of-indra-–-first-episode-on-psn-today/

The Official PS Blog published new details about the comic today:

We’re launching the first episode for free to whet your appetite and the rest of the episodes will come out in November. Be on the lookout for an upcoming announcement about an awesome pack-in that we’ll include with future episodes.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/uncharted-eye-of-indra-–-first-episode-on-psn-today/

First episode free is a brilliant idea. I would of passed/skipped right over this but if it's cool I could easily see myself purchasing the rest.

Much like the music industry is finding out, you need to GIVE people a reason to buy and not just EXPECT people to buy. Like Mike Masnick over at TechDirt says: "Connect with Fans (CwF) and give them a Reason to Buy (RtB). CwF+RtB=$$$".

First episode free is a brilliant idea. I would of passed/skipped right over this but if it's cool I could easily see myself purchasing the rest.

Much like the music industry is finding out, you need to GIVE people a reason to buy and not just EXPECT people to buy. Like Mike Masnick over at TechDirt says: "Connect with Fans (CwF) and give them a Reason to Buy (RtB). CwF+RtB=$$$".

By that I hope you mean the current crop of music execs as Masnick's quote could've been read right out of the old music industry handbook.

Just watched the motion comic. Didn't really show much (kinda expected since it was free) but I'm interested to see where it goes from here. Also it looks like they made Drake look more like the guy who voiced him (Nolan North).

The enemies DO lose you if you get out from their line of sight, especially in situations where you are fighting alongside another friendly AI, there have often been instances on crushing where I was able to stealth kill or flank an enemy because the AI was focused on a friendly AI.
Indifferent2.gif

The enemies also lose you even if you are alone.
Just get out of their line of sight for long enough start flanking them.
I've managed to stealth-kill almost everyone in chapter 16, even when I was spotted many times. All I have to do is run away for a while, hide a bit, and then start moving along the walls.

Stealth kill remains my choice of combat, especially when there is some room to move around and the enemy is overpowering.
It's also nice to know that those heavily armored shotgun guys can also be stealth-killed.

I've managed to stealth-kill almost everyone in chapter 16, even when I was spotted many times.

You probably meant another chapter in the same village. Chapter 16 is exclusively the leisure level in the village
(playing hide-n-seek with the 2 boys, kicking soccer ball, etc.).
... unless you stealth killed all the villagers. :oops:

Chapter 17 starts immediately after the Shafer cutscene, with Tenzin leading you to the expedition

The enemies DO lose you if you get out from their line of sight, especially in situations where you are fighting alongside another friendly AI, there have often been instances on crushing where I was able to stealth kill or flank an enemy because the AI was focused on a friendly AI.
Indifferent2.gif

Damn, you guys are right. :oops:
While I didn't notice this in the earlier stages of the game, they really do lose you. Wow. Very impressed. At this one point, enemies were moving on on me and I evaded and sneaked past them and they were still moving in on my original spot, blindfiring as they were doing so. Moving up behind them and then quietly taking one out after the other was very satisfying.

This little revelation made the battles a lot more enjoyable for me. I think once I've completed the game, I'll definately be playing this through on a more difficult setting (going through on normal, first run) and will focus more on the battles and what the AI has to offer.

So far though, I'm blown away by the whole experience. The amount of action in certain places, the visuals and how smooth everything stays the entire time is epic. Stunning.

:oops: :oops:

I beat the game the other night on Hard mode. And I just want to say best game so far this generation for me, and definitely one of the best games of all time.

Now to play through on Crushing!

You probably meant another chapter in the same village. Chapter 16 is exclusively the leisure level in the village
(playing hide-n-seek with the 2 boys, kicking soccer ball, etc.).
... unless you stealth killed all the villagers. :oops:

Chapter 17 starts immediately after the Shafer cutscene, with Tenzin leading you to the expedition

sorry, wrong chapter, Chapter 15

U2 DLC coming before end of 2009:
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/...-expectations-dlc-this-year-says-naughty-dog/

“I would definitely say it's exceeding expectations,” Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig told IndustryGamers on the phone today. “Being in the industry for a while you learn to try to manage your expectations because you'd rather be surprised with good news than disappointed. It's a tough business, but from the early numbers I've seen getting reported back it's exceeded any estimates we had internally, and it's certainly outsold the first game by many, many times. That and the critical reception so far has been really gratifying.”

“We're working on that now, and what we're prepared to say is that there will be DLC available before the end of the year. Without going into specifics, it'll involve new maps, new characters, things like that. Some of it will be free of charge and some of it will be purchasable. We've got a lot of people on the team working on this stuff, some really cool stuff that people will be excited about. So we're definitely taking it very seriously,” she said.

Back