[PS3] Uncharted 2

I'm so late to the party this game has dropped off the front page! Still, I started playing online last night. Very fun game. The new update means automatic rematches, so once you're in a game (which can take a couple of minutes. Only 5000-7000 players on line. This isn't an MW2!), it's quick to get into a game. Loads of higher level players and almost no noobs these days makes it harder for people to enter. The voting also seems to favour their boosters I feel. I played some All Objectives games and mostly they voted for Deathmatch RPGs or Snipers+Pistols. Being able to see where you are through walls makes the cover option for noobs practically redundant. And why does it invariably put most of the more experienced players on one team and all the lower-ranked players on the other??

That said, despite fumbling with the controls too often, and the damage being way too confusing at times, with some people managing to run through a hail of bullets unscathed, I can still play a useful roles and enjoy the game. Perhaps lag is more an issue than the game appears to have? I've killed a guy only to be killed by them with a gun (not grenade) a couple of times. I definitely like the 5 vs 5 size though and the multiple paths. Just wish I could aim!

That said, despite fumbling with the controls too often, and the damage being way too confusing at times, with some people managing to run through a hail of bullets unscathed, I can still play a useful roles and enjoy the game. Perhaps lag is more an issue than the game appears to have? I've killed a guy only to be killed by them with a gun (not grenade) a couple of times. I definitely like the 5 vs 5 size though and the multiple paths. Just wish I could aim!

Late indeed :D But yeah, I think I've sunk over 30 hours into the multi-player now, even if by far the most of that was actually before the game was released.

Wanting to aim is one of my faults as well ... ;) The better players know when to aim, and when to shoot from the hip - but I totally suck at shooting from the hip.

But yeah, there's an update that also allows us to fly the B3D (or GAF, whichever you prefer) banner, so it's a good excuse to get back into it.

I gave the online part a quick romp during the beta, but if somebody wants to russle up a posse, I'll join :)

I've been wanting to get back into KZ2 and U2, but am stuck in GoW Collection now (fighting polygonal meanies in the Pandora Temple last night. Got my *ss handed back to me).

If you guys are playing, drop a note here.

I have been playing at least twice every week. My favorite multiplayer by far.
Still dancing around 47-48 rank. I love pretty much every mode except totally random King of the hill.

I saw you in MW2 a couple of times (from XMB) and thought you have moved on.

I know fearsomepirate fell in love with KZ2. Left a note that he might be a KZ2 fanboy now. Not sure if he has given U2 a try yet.

I've been using my xb 360 controller on the ps3 to play UC2 mp and it controls much nicer then it does with the dual shock controller.Im using this cool little piece of hardware called the XCM Cross Battle Adapter which allows you to use a 360 pad on the ps3 and vice versa..

I saw you in MW2 a couple of times (from XMB) and thought you have moved on.
Nope, I'm closer to moving on from MW2 than U2. Level 70, very close to prestige.

The nice thing about MW2 you can easily play without a party, it's tough to do the same with U2 especially for ranked matches. But now I'm so close to 50 skill level now, I'm making an exception.
I know fearsomepirate fell in love with KZ2. Left a note that he might be a KZ2 fanboy now. Not sure if he has given U2 a try yet.

He is still playing KZ2. :)

Is there an obvious reason why the audio in the cutscenes is drastically out of sync with the video? It's really off-putting and ruins any feeling of a cinematic experience for me :/

Is there an obvious reason why the audio in the cutscenes is drastically out of sync with the video? It's really off-putting and ruins any feeling of a cinematic experience for me :/
I noticed that too, but only in the earlier cutscenes. Most noticeably for me, were the parts where
Drake and Flynn are sneaking around.
Not really a spoiler, but meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just popped in U2 today and got the update. Haven't played the MP in over a month but I still ended up on top. I still haven't played the new Fort map though. I think I might try to play there tonight. Also I almost forgot how gorgeous this game. Wow is all I can say.

Yes. Yes I am. It is awesome. I am enjoying it tremendously. Although FEAR 2 has some modes I like as well.

I liked the mech battles in FEAR 2. I think a much upgraded/better version of that would be awesome in KZ2.

I don't recall any out-of-sync audio in the cutscene. It sounds too obvious for NaughtyDog to miss.

I liked the mech battles in FEAR 2. I think a much upgraded/better version of that would be awesome in KZ2.

I don't mind an MP level with KZ2 mecha or a Metal Gear Online level with mechas.

Could be extra processing by the TV. Maybe you didnt turn on game mode?

Er, no. It's only the cut-scenes, and only in Uncharted 2. I can pause them and the characters get stuck in a half second loop, but quickly fall back out of sync before too long. I've tried googling and it seems it's affecting a few people but there's no solution I've seen yet *shrug*

Edit: and I'm up to chapter 11 or so, in Nepal after having split up with Chloe. Can post a vid if anyone wants to see it :cry:

Back