PS3 predictionS now that it launched in all territories

Does ChartTrack have prove reliable?
Great news for Sony.
Anyway I stick with my prevision we don't have reliable information for Europe as a whole.
If something is wrong i feel like editors reactions will be light fast.

Aparently this is actual over the counter numbers...

And from one of your posts:
So my predictions...
From reports situation is better in UK and Spain but it's far from great, I don't know for Germany.
How much would satisfy you in UK sales? if 165.000 units isn´t enough then what?

Well, i'm sorry to disagree. sure there was the PS2, but it was at the end of it's life. There as no new gen competition. PS3 was well... a myth as you said. And ATM, the WII is a great competitor to the crown.

This is what people really need to stop spouting....no competition.

If I remember correctly the 360 faced competition with something called the PS2 (much cheaper, greater game library, look at the number of units sold each month), the Gamecube, and then some REALLY tough competitors in the PS3 "myth" (2x more powerful, coming soon, the real next gen) and even the Revolutuion (became the Wii later).

So no competition.....nope, tons. Some well established and running strong (PS2) and some with too much hype (PS3).

I've stated that it's a great new for Sony ;)
But some units are available and they have to be sold soon.
Especially in UK where the 360 does pretty well and taking in account that ms will drop the price of the 360 sooner than later especially if the ps3 does well in Europe.

What I'm saying it's that we will know soon how the ps3 fares in Europe as a whole.

Wonder How PS3 managed to be sold more than the stock available in UK for launch and people still able to find it on shelves ?

This is what people really need to stop spouting....no competition.

If I remember correctly the 360 faced competition with something called the PS2 (much cheaper, greater game library, look at the number of units sold each month),

Eh. Remember the "If the 360 can't beat the PS2, how does it hope to compete with PS3 ?" posts all over the Intrawebs, back at launch ? :D

Wonder How PS3 managed to be sold more than the stock available in UK for launch and people still able to find it on shelves ?

This is the 4th dimension that Kutaragi was talking about. The PS3 has ushered in a whole new era of wholesale accounting.;)

There is a problem with those of you talking about WW sales of PS3 making up for poor sales in NA or Europe or Japan. First, we don't get any numbers for Europe. We only have company PR (which is full of such spinning you wouldn't know if the systems are getting ready to go all 100M or stop being produced) and anecdotal evidence. Second, last month when sales for PS3 were combined for Japan and the US, they still didn't outsell the US sales of 360. Does Europe now make up that difference? Will the PS3 outsell the 360 on a monthly basis there? We won't freaking know. AFAIK, the only numbers we'll get is from the UK, and the UK certainly is not representative of all of Europe.

There is a problem with those of you talking about WW sales of PS3 making up for poor sales in NA or Europe or Japan. First, we don't get any numbers for Europe. We only have company PR (which is full of such spinning you wouldn't know if the systems are getting ready to go all 100M or stop being produced) and anecdotal evidence. Second, last month when sales for PS3 were combined for Japan and the US, they still didn't outsell the US sales of 360. Does Europe now make up that difference? Will the PS3 outsell the 360 on a monthly basis there? We won't freaking know. AFAIK, the only numbers we'll get is from the UK, and the UK certainly is not representative of all of Europe.
Agreed, that why we will have to track editors attitudes ;)

This is the 4th dimension that Kutaragi was talking about. The PS3 has ushered in a whole new era of wholesale accounting.;)

:LOL:

ahh man ... I rarely literally laugh out loud from stuff on the net but this was great!

/offtopic.

any link on this info yet or was someone confused?

The info ( 165 000 units) cames from chart track, I don't know if it's the usual supplier of UK chart but in regard to psp sales (an expensive device too) it's likely to be true (or close to it), ans their methodology seems reliable.
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/

for the 220 000 I don't know, Sony official figure?

It didn't sell out!?!?!? Maybe Sony is worse off than some of us thought. They really have to get the price down and some big hits (GT, MGS, FF, etc...) out as soon as possible.

Ummm okay, then maybe they should've just shipped 100 thousand units just so that they can say that they "sold out" of stock. That would clearly be better than selling 165k...

I've seen a couple people, can't really remember who, but I think speng was one, talking about the "value" of the PS3. Me, you, and other hardcore can understand that value. However, it's not us that needs to be convinced. We can only take consoles so far and that usually runs out at about 10-15M if that. It's the others that will NEVER perceive this "value". They just want to play games. BD means nothing to them. Wifi is useless (and it really is as far as online gaming goes), 60GBs is pointless, and to top it all off, the price is crazy.

You see, these are the people that will drive any consoles sales to heaven. You've already got me, but people need to realize, the "value" will go in one ear and out another for the vast majority of game consoles. Herein lies the problem for Sony. Unless they can bring down the price, along with delivering games people just have to have (and they're not available on another system), it will continue to suffer.

Back