PS3 predictionS now that it launched in all territories

Well, nothing is ever certain, right? I mean, PS3 sales could fall off a cliff and Sony might not ever sell another console again. Just like Halo might flop. And you used an eye-rolly for that?

I had to call this one out, just so it sits there, nice and highlighted. What were you saying about scooby and Chef?

well its true until proven otherwise. that simple. unlike ms, sony has several things coming that could turn the tide. and tbh, 9 million isn't all that great. that's the soul reason im so optismistic on ps3, i thick under the right conditions, sony could distroy those numers just based off whats coming. sony has good stuff coming.

And you actually bashed scooby for being pro-ms..

I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your post with an answer

this is probably the 1st time i spoke negatively about ms, but its not like my reasoning isn't valid. what i mentioned are complaints from owners. most of their games are m.p. are they not? so that leaves 2 major title that sells just ok.

well its true until proven otherwise. that simple. unlike ms, sony has several things coming that could turn the tide. and tbh, 9 million isn't all that great. that's the soul reason im so optismistic on ps3, i thick under the right conditions, sony could distroy those numers just based off whats coming. sony has good stuff coming.
I agree that Sony could destroy the 360's current numbers, but not at their current price. They would need to drop $200 off both SKUs before then, which I don't believe to be likely at all.

The idea is very simple: assuming that the PS3 at its current price can't sell in large excess to what the 360 is selling, why do you see that changing in the next year or two? I think in 18 months we might see the shift occur, given that the PS3 should be at a much more consumer friendly price. But that assumes that the 360 game library does not grow to a "perfect storm" level, which I believe it may achieve by the end of this year.

thats because VGCharts numbers are SOLD, not SHIPPED. MS probably shipped around 11m consoles to date.

This has been beaten to death - VGCharts.org numbers are guesses based on NPD data and have nothing to do with reality, being quite biased by the guy making the guesses. He uses different multipliers for the 3 nextgen consoles, Wii has the highest and X360 the lowest.

Vgchart numbers are a joke. The guy posted friday morning 520 K pS3 :p
He just makes guess according to his bias, some rumours and claims. Until next offical press release from Sony, I think all numbers are dubious.

There's no issue saying 520k sold on friday, if you know the number of preorder, what's so surpring about it?

From what I hear, VG Charts is the most accurate tracker of console sales. Certainly its figures are close to reality. I think some Execs at MS are upset because they kept talking up the golden 10m figure before the other next-gen consoles were released. However, we know that while sales are good, that is a shipped figure, and sales have not been that fast (compared with the original Xbox).

Right now VG Charts has PS3 PAL sales at 610,000. which as Jesus mentions, is the figure calculated by the BBC.

From what I hear, VG Charts is the most accurate tracker of console sales. Certainly its figures are close to reality.

Vg Charts.org uses a lot of guesstimates (example: 510k PS3's sold friday morning)

better solution: vgcharts.com and use the NPD data

Pre-order != sale?
Why not? A sale is [strike]a console leaving the central warehouse[/strike] the exchange of goods and money, which is exactly what happens when you pick up a pre-order (or get it shipped after a charge on your bank account or whatever).

What definition of "sale" should we be using?

Why not? A sale is [strike]a console leaving the central warehouse[/strike] the exchange of goods and money, which is exactly what happens when you pick up a pre-order (or get it shipped after a charge on your bank account or whatever).

What definition of "sale" should we be using?

Well if you don't cancel it is, isn't it?
No. Obviously no. A pre-order is not a sale. A sale is when money changes hands for the product at the store. We've had countless cases where pre-orders went unfilled in other launches for months; i wouldn't expect you to count those in until the pre-order was satisfied.

No. Obviously no. A pre-order is not a sale. A sale is when money changes hands for the product at the store. We've had countless cases where pre-orders went unfilled in other launches for months; i wouldn't expect you to count those in until the pre-order was satisfied.

But pre-orders where you pay part up front €70, do those count?

So you're basically claiming now that the sales numbers we have now include unfulfilled preorders? Oh boy ...

Well, the cancelletion date is closed, it becomes a sale, i don't see what is so difficult to understand about this :/
I didn't say all pre-orders are sales, i said all not cancelled pre-orders are, and on friday, there's no more pre-orders, just shippings :D

Back