[PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 *spoilers*

Why kojima? Why only on the psp:cry: ? I want Naked snake on my PS3 ! MGS3 is my favourite of them all, and I want The Snake on my PS3, especially after seeing MGS4 !

Same. :cry: Add to that the fact that I don't own a PSP... Regardless though, the game does look pretty amazing.

New title for the PSP just announced. It's MGS Peace Walker and it looks like there's four Big Bosses (clones?). Looks amazing and Kojima mentioned it's a true sequel.

EDIT: Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7K-0MS1zw

Same. :cry: Add to that the fact that I don't own a PSP... Regardless though, the game does look pretty amazing.

neither do I, and I don't plan on buying one either :(
The trailer is giving me pains, it looks so good, and I think the story would be great, Its Freakin Naked Snake, add to that four of them (squad Management?) ! Why can't Kojima make it for the Ps3 and then port it to Psp too, if u r so keen on the handhelds. But bring it on home consoles first !

Now, that I think of it, PSP development costs less, but since when does Kojima has to worry about sales :oops: , that too of a SNAKE game ! that too directed by kojima himself ! people are going to buy 4 million of these if it comes on the ps3 !
Hurry up Kopjima, change ur mind !

Yeah I can't say I get his decision either. I mean he refers to the game as a true sequel (he mentioned to him it was MGS5) one that he himself is writing, directing, and producing, yet it's getting the handheld treatment. Add to that the fact that he has almost nothing to do with Rising... It just seems that they somehow got this backwards.

Yeah, me neither. I have to say, with this decision, I am hugely disappointed. I can't for a second understand why they would focus their next installment of the main series on again another platform when you've just had 4+ million loyal fans that bought the game on the PS3. Then, after updating the MGS4 engine with exciting new features and possibilities made possibly because of it being on a next generation console, they go back to last-gen hardware/possibilities by developing it on the PSP?!

Not only will a huge portion of the fanbase not be able to get this game because they don't own a PSP (and don't intend to), they're ultimately also splitting the userbase as well - unless the story is some sidestory. If it isn't though - this begs the question if they're ever going to bring back another true sequel on the PS3.

What a huge let down this is.

A new MGS on PS3 could have instantly become the most anticipated game. Again.

The PSP version is out in November, could they have turned around a brand new Metal Gear to MGS4 standards of content and production in 18 months?

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/01/kojima_mgs4_trophy_support/

Kojima follower "denden_k" asked Kojima if he'd be making a "Metal Gear Solid 4 Complete Version."

Replied Kojima earlier today: "I wanted to make a 'Complete Version' with trophy support and 3D, but if I did that I wouldn't be able to work on a new game. I wonder if someone else would make it for me."

Do it ! While we're at it, update MGO a little. It's still pretty unique after 2 years. MGO arcade has 3D support now.

I would buy a well-done 3D MGS4 + MGO, together with trimmed cutscenes. The original version is too long winded. Tighten the story and scenes and it'd be amazing twice. :runaway:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/01/kojima_mgs4_trophy_support/

Do it ! While we're at it, update MGO a little. It's still pretty unique after 2 years MGO arcade has 3D support now.

I would buy a well-done 3D MGS4 + MGO, together with trimmed cutscenes. The original version is too long winded. Tighten the story and scenes and it'd be amazing twice. :runaway:

Don't you dare touch my cutscense! :LOL:

Seriously though, I would love a complete install option for MGS4 (something to do with some silly 5GB install TRC, or is that just for mandatory installs?) along with Trophy support. An updated MGO would be icing on the cake. I would double dip for that (although just a DLC option would be much preferred).

The question is, who could do it for him?

Just give us a trophy patch and you will find millions replaying the title immediately ! MGO update sounds cool, but let others do it. Don't disturb Mr. Kojima, Genius at Work !

While someone is at it, it would be the biggest mindblowing thing if they would also remake MGS2 and MGS3 for Full HD resolution and trophies ! That would be the best best thing to do :cool: ! Going back to 720X576 , especially since it turns up all blurry on my HD TV, is just disillusioning.
( will using Component cables make the PS 2 picture sharper on the HD TV? )

Yes component will make the image sharper but my suggestion would be to play both of them on your PS2 on a SDTV (using component cable ofcourse).

Or you can try using the open source PCSX-2 & emulate it on your PC at HD resolution, MGS3 works with little to no bugs since the 0.9.5 PCSX-2 release. MGS2 got a release on PC as well but you most certainly aren't going to find a PC copy now, so its not worth it.

Yes component will make the image sharper but my suggestion would be to play both of them on your PS2 on a SDTV (using component cable ofcourse).

Or you can try using the open source PCSX-2 & emulate it on your PC at HD resolution, MGS3 works with little to no bugs since the 0.9.5 PCSX-2 release. MGS2 got a release on PC as well but you most certainly aren't going to find a PC copy now, so its not worth it.

I have played MGS2 and 3 on my SDTV before MGS4 came out, its just that they are games that need to replayed :) !

Hmmm... my SDTV is old and ever since I transported it from Mumbai to here, it emits a strange sound these days which really really wrenches my head:cry:. i dunno what it is. SO, I have connected my PS2 to my HDTV. Had found my old FFXII disc, which I had never played, and surprisingly, I am finding it a lot of fun, though I have never liked RPGs.
I think I will try getting component cables for te PS2, but they seem costly. Lets see what I do.

ALso, I recently realised that MS:Arctic Edge was released for the PS2 too :oops: !!! I had no Idea. I think I'll get that too !

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid HD trilogy coming to PS3?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/284819/news/metal-gear-solid-hd-trilogy-coming-to-ps3/

An HD reworking of the original Metal Gear Solid trilogy is on the way to PS3, according to 'insider whispers' heard by the ears of the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine.

In the mag's new issue, in stores now, it reports that Snake is "in the facelift queue", and that the "first three" MGS games are set to be reborn in High Definition.

No details of release window, price or whether the trilogy will be a boxed or digital product are given.

If they release the trilogy, I hope they can edit MGS4 again to condense some (all ?) of the cutscenes. ^_^

Back