[PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 *spoilers*

You guys might find it amusing that I took 6 hrs to finish Act 1 ;) !
I am in Act 2:Snake eater all the way !

7:45 for me apparently ... :D

It clearly has a lot more draw for me than GTA IV. I might get back to that game some time, but so far I love to play MGS4 more. I don't know why it is exactly - maybe it's because GTA IV is taking its sweet time moving the story along early on (at least for me).

You guys might find it amusing that I took 6 hrs to finish Act 1 ;) !

I took 5+ hours in Act 1 too. I am ashamed to call myself a war hero because all I was doing on the battlefield was looting every single corpse, raiding camps, leaving my team to die for some treasure hunting stints :devilish:

I helped the militias and tranquilized the enemies just so I have an easier life. Perhaps the call sign, Solid Snake, is fitting after all.

7:45 for me apparently ... :D

You new father... you. You still have time to play ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
You new father... you. You still have time to play ?!

More now than before sometimes. My wife breastfeeds and that takes ages, and then the kid sleeps a lot too. He can only stand so much of me picking him up and making faces at him so he smiles back at me, then I put him in a baby-seat and he just loves to look at the window or something else with strong dark/light contrast ...

I also had a stomach flu of sorts this time so I couldn't do much this weekend anyway. It did make certain cut-scenes a bit painful to watch though ... :LOL: (fortunately mine's wasn't nearly half as bad - I just stop eating ;) ).

Does anyone have any tips for the battle against Liquid? That fight just plain sucks, I can't believe they put it in there.

Thats why there are 3 difficulties higher than the default. The hardest one you have to unlock by beating the game.

there are only 2 higher for north america (it defaults to solid normal)

im going to replay it on big boss extreme and see if theres a big difference

Does anyone have any tips for the battle against Liquid? That fight just plain sucks, I can't believe they put it in there.

Are you kidding?...that fight blew me away. One of the best parts about the game IMO. Incredible graphics, amazing animation, perfect camera angles, and such nostalgia...brought quite a bit of emotion to me Amazing. In fact one of the most impressive gameplay scenes in any game...ever. (I'm talking about the fist fight...though the mech fight was just as epic)

So I'm playing the game and it's after one. I get up to act 3 and during the install I get something along the lines of
It's past 1 am. Don't you think it's time for a break? Take a break!
I love this game.

I took 5+ hours in Act 1 too. I am ashamed to call myself a war hero because all I was doing on the battlefield was looting every single corpse, raiding camps, leaving my team to die for some treasure hunting stints :devilish:

Thats the thing! I just can't leave a corpse behind , I have to pick it up and drop to get something,MKII can't do that!

I think this part was better in MGS3 as every corpse u pick up wouldn't drop something , sometimes nothing would come out.It was frustrating, but realistic.This time around every soldier drops something gauranteed. Doesn't feel right.
and the second thing in which I spent most time is in finding every possible route leading behind the enemy, to the enemy's side, to a rooftop, ad finding all the items and weapons lying in all these places.

Also, there are just too many weapons. I have been sticking with my M4 and have customised it with a shotgun, flashlight and dot sight !and the SVD.

IN MGS3 , if I mistakenly surprised a soldier He used to immediately call for backup, and it used to be panic time for me, but this time around, I get a LOT of time after I surprise a guy till he calls for backup! Makes the game lose its element of stealth. Maybe, playing on Big Boss hard would solve that.Funny, these very things used to frustrate me in mGS3 and 2 , and now I am missing them!;)

One more thign IGN says( and Kojima said the same thing in his gameplay demo) that shaking the controller brings your camo back to default(sheds the texture), even in cutscenes.
I have been shaking the controller up-down, sideways, rotating till it starts squeaking but nothing happens!!!!:rolleyes:
Is it working with everyone else?

One more thign IGN says( and Kojima said the same thing in his gameplay demo) that shaking the controller brings your camo back to default(sheds the texture), even in cutscenes.
I have been shaking the controller up-down, sideways, rotating till it starts squeaking but nothing happens!!!!:rolleyes:
Is it working with everyone else?

Works fine here. I shake it side to side.

I have the asian version (english language edition) an it works fine, takes a while for it to happen though.

I think I have the same one as yours, asian but with English.If it works in yours, should happen in mine too..Lets see again.Do I have set Octacamo to manual in options?

BTW, whats your PSN ID, I'll send a friend request. I'll be in MGO after I finish MGS4 !:smile:

EDIT: Ya, SHaking it sideways works! Updown doesn't ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have the same one as yours, asian but with English.If it works in yours, should happen in mine too..Lets see again.Do I have set Octacamo to manual in options?

BTW, whats your PSN ID, I'll send a friend request. I'll be in MGO after I finish MGS4 !:smile:

My PSN is the same as my name on here.

I don't have octocamo on manual, its on auto for me and shaking the controller still works fine.

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said!
The game simply rocks! One thing that really amazed me is the sound. I can't believe how great it is! I'm still on act 1 and I'm sure I have a lot to see on the road ahead. Up to now this game might be the best the PS3 has to offer.

I think this part was better in MGS3 as every corpse u pick up wouldn't drop something , sometimes nothing would come out.It was frustrating, but realistic.This time around every soldier drops something gauranteed. Doesn't feel right.

On the other hand it makes competing for the best stats on the different Acts more fair. This way there are no random factors that influence your final Act score.

Every time load up an old save game of the previous act I have to re-install that Act's data !:???: Thats pretty bad! Why does it delete the previous act's data from the hard disk?
And then when i come back to Act3, it re-installs that!!
This is bad, it means if I want to re-visit an area again, I have to go an install again and again!

Everything else is forgiven for the pure visual quality of the game, but Installing everytime I play is not done!

Back