[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

You need the PS3 game as well as the Vita game of course !

I said it for LBP2 and Ill say it again for the Vita version, Sony should offer a free version of these (just sell the campaign stuff), heck preinstall it even.

As flexible as LBP is it would be a great source for free/cheap and fun homemade games, especially since there is no alternative like XNA, or the stores on Smartphones.

They should at least make a LBP player "plugin" for web browsers.

You need the PS3 game as well as the Vita game of course !

Oh ! I was thinking I buy the game once, and can carryon on the Vita when on th emove and bring back to the PS3 when home ! I ain't buying the game twice, so looks like a useless feature to me. Why buy the same game twice :rolleyes: !

Today the details for the LBP2 PS3 Move kit have been released:

New Power-Up – The Manipulator
The Manipulator is a new hat that Sackboy can wear that whilst active will allow him to pick up and move any grabbable object using the PlayStation Move, provided that the object is not too heavy and that Sackboy himself is not standing on the object.

New Tool – The Movinator
Essentially the PlayStation Move equivilant of The Controlinator.

Contains a fully customisable layout of the PlayStation Move that can be used to map your own controls and functions to it, in exactly the same way as you would with the DualShock and The Controlinator.

New Tool – Move Cursor
This new tool allows a creator to create their own custom in-game cursors whilst using the PlayStation Move.

You can use any in-game, DLC or custom Sticker during your cursor creation and you can also toggle whether the cursor can pick things up, can move in and out, whether grabbable objects will be highlighted upon hovering over them and whether the cursor requires a tag to be active.

New Tool – Move Paint
Move Paint will allow you to create your own custom stickers using the PlayStation Move!
There’s an assortment of brush types and a wide colour palette available whilst painting.

These Stickers will also have transparent backgrounds, so you’re no longer restricted to the same old rectangular custom stickers! Additionally you can paste in other Stickers during your creation and edit them accordingly.
This tool can infact be used during Create Mode and Single Player Play Mode.

New Tool – Move Recorder
Much like the previous Sackbot Recording tools, this tool will allow you to record any motion caused by using the PlayStation Move and then can be set to playback for your movie-making, level creation purposes.
Similarly these recordings can be set to loop and and have their speeds adjusted.

New Sensor – Speed Sensor
Can sense speed and you can toggle whether to sense the speed of only one direction or to allow all directions.

New Sensor – Rotation Sensor
Can sense rotations and again you can toggle whether to sense rotation in only one direction or in both directions.

New Sensor – Angle Sensor
Can be set to sense something within a specified angle.

New Material Type – Sticker Panel Material
This is another huge addition to the PlayStation Move Create DLC Pack! You can set the colour and transparency of this Material. So ssentially you can use this is an opaque version of the Hologram Material. Meaning that no longer will your in-game sprites and other Hologram-based creations will have that semi-transparent look about them.

On top of that though, you can set the Mateiral to be completely transparent too.
Which makes it perfect for some aspects of Sticker placement.

New Score Giver Tweak – Score Multiplier
In the Score Giver, you can now tweak to enable or disable multipliers for your creation.

New Tool - Material Slicer
Using this tool, you can cut through any object. It works much like "connect the dots", where you are in control over where the dots appear, and then the game slices the object accordingly. Sliced pieces continue to be glued together after the slice, but their complexity can hereby easily reduced. This is very useful for those objects who have become "too complex" or are nearing that state.

New Player Sensor Tweak - Detect Unspawned Players
Player Sensors can now be set to "Detect Unspawned Players". This can be very useful for triggering opening cinematics, only when every player in a session has successfully entered the level.

New Grab Sensor Tweaks
You can now choose to tweak whether the sensor activates when grabbed by a Sackperson/Sackbot, by the Move Wand or both. You can also cause objects carrying the Sensor to glow slightly when you hover the Move Cursor over said object.

New Material Tweaker Tweak
The Material Tweaker can now select whether an object is grabable by a Sackperson/Sackbot, by the Move Wand or by both.

Looks like the real deal! Various other tweaks to the game have also been detailed:

In-Game Store Overhaul
The in-game Store has had a major overhaul and DLC is now arranged in the order of Level Packs, Downloaded Packs and Outfits. In turn, each of these tabs are now listed alphabetically.
Selecting a Level Pack will open that Pack’s level selection.
Selecting a Downloaded Pack will display a list of all the costume pieces, stickers and objects contained within the pack. Each costume piece can be individually selected from this list and placed on your Sackboy.
Outfits is the recognisable list of complete Outfits for your Sackboy to wear.

Move Pack Level Rundown
This is just a quick count of the level’s contained within the Move Pack, although please be aware that since I was playing an earlier version of the pack, this could still be subject to some change before release.

1 x Introduction Level
4 x Main Story Levels
1 x Boss Level
7 x Side Levels
1 x Tutorial Level for one of the above mention Side Levels
2 x Versus Levels
2 x Cutscene Levels

Total New Levels = 18

New Music Sequencer Instruments
At the Community GameJam, there were an additional 17 new Music Sequencer Instruments.

However again, these were very much in a developmental stage still and may be subject to some change before release.

http://www.littlebigland.com/lbp-2-move-pack-detailed/

Cool ! My son will love it. But it's fundamentally "still" a game. -_-
The Vita LBP actually looks more interesting because of the touchscreen interaction.

Cool ! My son will love it. But it's fundamentally "still" a game. -_-
The Vita LBP actually looks more interesting because of the touchscreen interaction.

Yes, touchscreen interaction is awesome, but Move isn't that different from touch screen, and has other strenghts obviously.

After toying with iPad, I think Move and Vita gaming will be very different ! Like both ends of the spectrum. Move encourages body movement and expression. It needs space to execute but is constrained to the living room. Touch gaming is more like a comfort and relaxation tool. It encourages people to crowd together and play. You can do it anywhere.

This is not to say they can't combine both together. In fact, I hope to see Sony do it in LBP -- like what Nintendo has demonstrated in their trailer.

Can't wait for it ! I'll make sure that either I get new ps3, a new net connection or fight with the family and move my ps3 to my work place before this hits :p ! I need online back on my ps3 !

patsu said:
I want to see LBP Move + Vita integration !

I just heard that the new Move features have been demoed at E3. I hope to at least see that presentation sometime soon online ...

Read somewhere that the Move SDK can record a gesture and assign it to an action. But the patch note seems to indicate that LBP will "only" support direct pointer manipulation and Move button mapping.

Can't stress the importance of LBP enough. To a certain extent, Modnation Racer too. I feel they should be the ambassador of core gaming to reach out to the casual crowd.

Move integration, touchscreen integration will allow them to introduce mouse-keyboard interaction for a LBP player. Let the PC/Mac/iOS/Facebook people enjoy LBP too. I will definitely make time to create a LBP eGreeting card or event invitation mini-site or family page with LBP characters -- if they are viewable by my friends and family.

Read somewhere that the Move SDK can record a gesture and assign it to an action. But the patch note seems to indicate that LBP will "only" support direct pointer manipulation and Move button mapping.

I read the same, but only saw something about a few specific gestures in the dlc notes. We'll see later on.

I've just been playing some more MM picks - there are some amazing ones out there. One I thought was particularly impressive was a level which had rpg type platforming with various different magical skills (5 different ones, like fire, ice, wind, poison, insight) and each had a projectile and area of effect variant. Pretty sweet. There was also another Mario thing, this time a faithful recreation of a GameBoy one, including on-screen gameboy buttons that move along with your own DS presses.

JPT said:
Looks like LBP2 Move create thingy is in beta now

Yep, Waggle3D is testing it now so we should have detailed reports in a few days I'm sure.

I read the same, but only saw something about a few specific gestures in the dlc notes. We'll see later on.

I've just been playing some more MM picks - there are some amazing ones out there. One I thought was particularly impressive was a level which had rpg type platforming with various different magical skills (5 different ones, like fire, ice, wind, poison, insight) and each had a projectile and area of effect variant. Pretty sweet. There was also another Mario thing, this time a faithful recreation of a GameBoy one, including on-screen gameboy buttons that move along with your own DS presses.

Played the RPG level (Frozen Flames) from your hearted list. Pretty map and carefully crafted cutscenes. Rather elaborate gameplay framework all created from scratch ? ^_^ I like the top down RPG view.

Funny enough, we screamed/roared with laughters in another grotesque interpretation of 2P boxing game. The user level is so bad that it's actually hilarious to play (tall boxers flying in mid-air kicking each other's chin or gloin or other body parts, and evetually flew off stage because of the world physics.

Back