[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW I dont get Eurogamer review quote about Killzone 3 losing his identity, it plays exacly like Killzone 2 but more fluent, agile and rewarding [melee!]

Something should be lost going from KZ2 to 3 (Soft look, heavy controls, congestion/clusterf*ck, etc.). But we also gain other things (Reduced micro-loading, larger level, …). Wondering if Rico and Natko still swear profusely in the campaign ?

Also, the guy playing is too used to COD:LOL: ! He expects his iron sights to automatically snap to targets. Every time he zooms in, he fires without checking, expecting that the aim would automatically be on the enemy ! :rolleyes:

The test is whether he continues to play the game after review. ^_^

Do other FPS even have a storyline? Or do I have to read the book first to understand whats going on

I played ME2 without reading the ME1 digital comics (Still hasn't read it). I also played MGS4 without playing 2 and 3. Was able to enjoy both. I suppose if you enjoy the story, the experience become more immersive and coherent.

Then again playing without the background info can be interesting too. You make decisions based on partial info, just like in real life. ^_^

More update from GG:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...a-limited-helghast-edition-for-us-and-canada/

High level issues discovered:

Connection problems

High load caused the database to fall over

Score posting

Flickering screens

Ribbon stats not updating

Vulgarity filter

Solutions underway:

Guerrilla has already released a patch. At the time of writing this has gone live in the US and the EU. The other territories will follow shortly. We have no ETA on that.

Guerrilla has made improvements for the server connection issues. The server was brought down and back up for that on Monday, February 7th.

The problems with the vulgarity filter should be fixed now.

Guerrilla will continue to update the servers and patch the Beta if needed. We’re watching your feedback closely on Killzone.com.

Score posting issues have been resolved.

Ribbon stats updating issue has been resolved, known issue is that 1 ribbon (the faster reload ribbon) does not update yet.

Last week, we held a sweepstakes to give away 60 Killzone 3 Limited Helghast Editions (not sold in stores) to players who participate in the Multiplayer Open Beta. We had such a great response that we are running the sweepstakes again! Members of the Killzone 3 team will log on to the Multiplayer Open Beta throughout the sweepstakes and randomly select players in matches. We will not select players more than once during the sweepstakes, and we will notify the winners via the email address associated with their PSN account.

Damn, SP demo looks amazing, the best looking game on consoles right now IMO. Texture resolution was the weak point of KZ2, now it's the strong point of KZ3 :D

Damn, SP demo looks amazing, the best looking game on consoles right now IMO. Texture resolution was the weak point of KZ2, now it's the strong point of KZ3 :D

They're pretty amazing for a console. I think it's the whole package mind, so many strong points married together to make it THE standout technical showcase.

I played ME2 without reading the ME1 digital comics (Still hasn't read it). I also played MGS4 without playing 2 and 3. Was able to enjoy both. I suppose if you enjoy the story, the experience become more immersive and coherent.

Then again playing without the background info can be interesting too. You make decisions based on partial info, just like in real life. ^_^

I meant for first person shooters.

are the cut scene pre recorded this time? I dont see any video artifacts on my screens but I notice Rico and Sev has SSAO on the characters in cut scenes but not gameplay.

Gitaroo said:
are the cut scene pre recorded this time? I dont see any video artifacts on my screens but I notice Rico and Sev has SSAO on the characters in cut scenes but not gameplay.

Apparently some have quite big framerate drops, so certainly a bunch of them
are realtime.

Put me in the line of people amazed by the demo. Can't wait to play through the whole thing!

Also played with Move from start to finish, and noticed I'm already forgetting I'm playing with Move which is a very good sign! It feels great and natural.

They're pretty amazing for a console. I think it's the whole package mind, so many strong points married together to make it THE standout technical showcase.

True :)

Some are real time, some are video files. I noticed SSAO too :D

Apparently some have quite big framerate drops, so certainly a bunch of them
are realtime.

Several are videos. First cutscene when ending you can see moving height fog suddenly appear and color changes amongst some other things. Then the one where the player pulls up teammate from shipwreck you can see how the whole scene changes, last one to with artifacts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25864451&postcount=208

Not all cutscenes are videos. The one with the explosion after setting the D-Charge is real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back