[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Beta apparently works again - who's up for a few games in a few hours? (3 hours from now)

Is there any ps3 chat room that is still frequented?

Which level ? If they are new levels, I'm not going to watch 'em. :devilish:

Well, the Beta apparently works again - who's up for a few games in a few hours? (3 hours from now)

Is there any ps3 chat room that is still frequented?

Probably will have more lucky with GAF room. I log in to the B3D room once in a while but seldom see people there.

I played the SP demo. It's a decent length and you get to try out the jet pack and the really cool rocket launcher. The controls feel pretty good. Definitely buying this when it comes out and I was pretty critical of KZ2.

WOW! That looks absolutely spectacular!! I didn't watch the 2 campaign clips, just the demo footage. It looks just astounding. How on earth GG are doing what theyre doign with the PS3 is just beyond me. U3 will have to go some to top this.

Guys, the single player demo is up on the Hong Kong store. In English, and regular download. 1.5gig. PSPlus not needed!

The demo looks very beautiful and gives me a CGI feel in some places thanks to the lighting, DOF, color pallet and particles. and apparently it fixed the odd low res textures that can be seen in the alpha code.

Demo is great. Sliding and melee are pure awesomeness.
Game is for the most part fluid [except some sections with jetpack and shooting with WASP]. Cut-scenes are godly looking and most of them are real time [if not all], because they can drop frames quite heavilly.

BTW I dont get Eurogamer review quote about Killzone 3 losing his identity, it plays exacly like Killzone 2 but more fluent, agile and rewarding [melee!]

BTW I dont get Eurogamer review quote about Killzone 3 losing his identity, it plays exacly like Killzone 2 but more fluent, agile and rewarding [melee!]

Personally, while I understand the comment, it sounded to me like the typical jaded comment of someone who plays too many fps games across too many different platforms. Killzone 3 wants to be a de-facto FPS on the PS3, not a comparative niche product that appeals to fps freaks who play almost every fps in existence on any platform (and who even then only just play the single player campaign through maybe once).

I could be wrong of course, but yeah, personally the online multiplayer didn't feel that much different from Killzone 2. Although to be fair, the Eurogamer review says the same thing about the online multiplayer, that the game shines here, so apparently no real complaints there. So perhaps the single player campaign becomes too much like Call of Duty for his liking, with set-piece after set-piece. I can't judge on that until I've played the single player campaign myself.

Watched the second link. Is that a fake Brightness/contrast trick they are using to simulate HDR like tonemapping effect? Look around 4:30 !

Also, the guy playing is too used to COD:LOL: ! He expects his iron sights to automatically snap to targets. Every time he zooms in, he fires without checking, expecting that the aim would automatically be on the enemy ! :rolleyes:

Watched the second link. Is that a fake Brightness/contrast trick they are using to simulate HDR like tonemapping effect? Look around 4:30 !

Also, the guy playing is too used to COD:LOL: ! He expects his iron sights to automatically snap to targets. Every time he zooms in, he fires without checking, expecting that the aim would automatically be on the enemy ! :rolleyes:

Heh. I'm not sure but I think that is how the Move controls work though, ironically (at least in the iWaggle3D latest video, but that was still beta I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back