[PS3] Infamous

There isn't much precision required for good. You hit someone two times and you gain a free grenade.
Thus you generally have plenty of ammo for stronger attacks. And grenades don't kill anyone if you throw a couple of them in quick succession, getting live capture exps as bonus.

Good is definitely easier.

The best game I have played since KZ2 and the most addictive in a Loon Loong time !

The graphics keep getting better as the game progresses. Warren in daylight almost rivals Assassins Creed! Awesome looking buildings and th emost fun gameplay in a loooong time !

I hope it sells a lot and there are more such games made. This is a true masterpiece. :cool:

Warren is the second or third island ? I'm still at the entrance to the second island
right after beating Sasha
[size=-2]You guys finish the game so quickly.[/size]

lol, I got my platinum trophy like two weeks ago, and I started a third playthrough, but I'm just having fun and taking it slow in between Ghostbusters.

...I'm really missing Resistance 2 MP though :(

Warren is the second or third island ? I'm still at the entrance to the second island
right after beating Sasha
[size=-2]You guys finish the game so quickly.[/size]

The warren's the 2nd island. The first island's the neon.

The best game I have played since KZ2 and the most addictive in a Loon Loong time !

The graphics keep getting better as the game progresses. Warren in daylight almost rivals Assassins Creed! Awesome looking buildings and th emost fun gameplay in a loooong time !

I hope it sells a lot and there are more such games made. This is a true masterpiece. :cool:

The graphics look nice but nothing mindblowing.I respectfully disagree about Infamous being a masterpiece.Solid game but nothing really stands out except for the cool music, which does sound great.

Mod : Removed unnecessary game comparison. Please don't introduce game comparisons to title-specific threads, especially unreleased games versus released games!

The graphics look nice but nothing mindblowing.I respectfully disagree about Infamous being a masterpiece.Solid game but nothing really stands out except for the cool music, which does sound great.

I disagree :nope:. I haven't been hooked to game like this for years. I think it is a masterpiece ! The gameplay is solid, and so are the graphics ! If this game had a screeenshot feature I would post some awesome daylight pics here. Warren has varied buildings and areas and textures are all high res. Some of the linear games do not have such graphics these days.
Even if u r not doing a mission, u r enjoying urself all along. Missions are varied and pretty cool and fun.
In fact, if u like crackdown, Infamous will rock ur world.

Last edited by a moderator:
(responding to removed comments)

Crackdown is a bit of an acquired taste. I played it, I enjoyed it but I can't give it the absolute thumbs-up everyone else does. Maybe because I played Spiderman 2 and Hulk:UD (which I find I can't shut up about) and so Crackdown seemed limited in comparison. I don't think Infamous is as good as the latter, and it's a different type of superhero sandbox games (the sandbox really feels like more of a good backdrop to well-crafted missions, not that great for GTA-inspired chaos-romps). For that, I think Prototype does a better job than Crackdown -- the game is dumb as hell and controls really weirdly, but so did Crackdown.

I'd actually say that Infamous and Prototype are about equally good, but in different ways.

Had a quick question. I'm playing as good and deep into the game, on the 3rd island. There is a mission where you have to
either save Trish or the 5 doctors
. I made the evil choice for that one. But what confused me is when you approach and
call to Trish, she says "Who's Trish, get me outta here". Then she dies anyways and it shows her as Trish. So why did she say "Who's Trish"?
. That one puzzled me a bit.

Had a quick question. I'm playing as good and deep into the game, on the 3rd island. There is a mission where you have to
either save Trish or the 5 doctors
. I made the evil choice for that one. But what confused me is when you approach and
call to Trish, she says "Who's Trish, get me outta here". Then she dies anyways and it shows her as Trish. So why did she say "Who's Trish"?
. That one puzzled me a bit.

She's not Trish. Trish was one of the 5 doctors.

Found a glitch in the game :)

The part where I'm supposed to save
Zeke
. It is possible to jump and reach the overhead bridge near the entrance (You have to hover a little with the jump momentum, and then grab the edge of the bridge with your hands). Once I got there, I could run all the way to the
hanging cage
. No enemies will be spawned but I could toggle the switch of the crane. When I ran along the crane, I slided forward and fell all the way outside the building. After running some distance, I fell through the floor and drowned in the streets. :)

So far, the battles are varied, but I'm looking for more extraordinary power/weapons. I played the game with a 360 dude, and he prefers evil while I prefer good. So my character is somewhere in between now (I don't know). Will I be penalized ? Right now, I am at Hero. The last power I unlocked is the hammer.

I found a glitch i the beginning of the game in Neon district, where if u jump on some buildings' roofs, you get propelled really high into the air. Can't remeber where exactly it was, as I was nwe to the game at that time.

@patsu: I played that mission 2 days back ! There are so many shards lying around in that mission, but if u try to grab any, Zeke gets killed :( ! and once the mission is over, that area becomes inaccesible again :oops: ! Did u get those shards Patsu? Looking at ur glitch description , seems like you didn't play the full mission at all :LOL: !

I am at the "Anything for Trish" mission right now, and man, that mission is so difficult :( ! I tried so many times last night, then gave up ! Whats the trick? ANybody? Its the one where u have to safely take the bus from Neon district to inside Warren!

@patsu: I played that mission 2 days back ! There are so many shards lying around in that mission, but if u try to grab any, Zeke gets killed :( ! and once the mission is over, that area becomes inaccesible again :oops: ! Did u get those shards Patsu? Looking at ur glitch description , seems like you didn't play the full mission at all :LOL: !

I am at the "Anything for Trish" mission right now, and man, that mission is so difficult :( ! I tried so many times last night, then gave up ! Whats the trick? ANybody? Its the one where u have to safely take the bus from Neon district to inside Warren!

In regards to the first paragraph, I think you can still get there after the mission from one side of the building, by climbing high over the railroad and jump. There is a spot that doesn't have the barbwire preventing you from grapping the top ledge, if I remeber correctly.

Just throw grenades like there's no tomorrow on that problematic mission.

Em... yeah, I am stuck at the same exact spot before I got back to work.

RenegadeRocks said:
Did u get those shards Patsu? Looking at ur glitch description , seems like you didn't play the full mission at all :LOL: !

Nope. Didn't see any shards. I replayed that mission right after I died. Went through it the normal way, still didn't notice any shards. :LOL:

You can get back in there later in another mission (or maybe side mission I forget) you have to take out 3 of those coduits in there.

You can get into the container area after the mission that takes you there, the fences that were keeping you out are mostly gone. And the way Infamous works, you can go and get all the blast shards, lose the mission because Zeke dies, and when the mission restarts you'll still have the shard.

Back