[PS3] Infamous

Really ? Is it on by default ? (I didn't notice the health recharge part). How do you do that ?

I think it is an upgrade and for head shots only.

I sure ran out of juice a lot during fights. I did a lot of running around corners to recharge, or just rail grind.

IIRC, the first and third lighting bolt upgrades on the good side recharges energy on successful hits, the third also recharges health on headshots.

Also @obonicus, I enjoyed "follow the courier" missions similar to any other "stick to high ground" mission. In fact, the use of verticality in this game is mighty impressive.

I'll be getting my copy today :D !!! Yay !
and Guess what?!?!? I am getting an official Artbook plus 5 postcards with game:runaway: ! Woo hoo ! I'll post pics as soon as I receive it !

and did I say I am getting all this for $40 ? :devilish:!!

I'll be getting my copy today :D !!! Yay !
and Guess what?!?!? I am getting an official Artbook plus 5 postcards with game:runaway: ! Woo hoo ! I'll post pics as soon as I receive it !

and did I say I am getting all this for $40 ? :devilish:!!

I've got the artbook and I got it for free. So nerrr :LOL:

Well, I did buy the game and it's great fun, however I am stuck to playing it in daylight hours as the cars with their thumping b-lines just do not sit well with my neighbours at 11pm.

There must be something wrong with the levels in the game as I can set it so everything else is only just audible but the bass just comes out too loud. (Maybe having smaller speakers would help but damn it I've bought the S750's already so it'll have to do)

Got it yesterday :p ! Haven't been on the forums since then as I was busy playing !

I love the game as of now ! Its very simple to play , still deep enough to spend hours just roaming around looking for shards and fighting reapers ! I find the game great ! The control scheme is a lesson for other devs, simple, accessible and functional. No twisted fingers for superpowers !

I am at the "dinner with Sasha" Mission. The side missions seems as good as the main missions.The game is unforgiving sometimes, as one moment of delay in spotting an electricity source leads to death, but it is very balanced and you feel human while being a superhero. The comic book cutscenes look lovely, though a bit short and have "say what u have to say and get out" approach.

One thing, what is this music that kicks in sometimes? I mean, it isn't like anything I have jeard in a video game before ! What is it? Sounds so cool, as if there is some deeper cerebral stuff going on behind the open world structure. Thats the feeling I get from the music. I mean, it sounds intellectual, not at all pop-action stuff. What is it called?

In-fact , the graphics are better than I expected, the game and the city looks great, but that special music stood out ! Very nice choice by the devs !

I was never a fan of open world games. Crackdown playtime(played for around 2 hrs) enticed me, GTA 4 was easing me into the genre, but inFAMOUS has banged it into my head. Now, I am officially a fan of open world games :cool: ! Great work SUcker Punch !

One thing, what is this music that kicks in sometimes? I mean, it isn't like anything I have jeard in a video game before ! What is it? Sounds so cool, as if there is some deeper cerebral stuff going on behind the open world structure. Thats the feeling I get from the music. I mean, it sounds intellectual, not at all pop-action stuff. What is it called?

The audio guys strived to create "new sound" for the game:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/infamous-soundtrack

Playing as good or evil, which is more difficult? I'm asking because I intend to play once on normal and once on hard. I want to know which may be easier on hard.

Good should be harder if you are avoiding killing civilians. In my bad play through (almost done with 1st island) some missions are easier too, like the oil in the eyes part, stealing shards versus earning them, etc. The cops will eventually shoot at you instead of helping you though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. Evil is more difficult because the powers just aren't as good -- it seems like all the extra collateral damage would be worth it, but they don't really register the hits you might expect. And good's powers just work together better. Finally, with good you can actually recover your energy just by zapping enemies.

I find evil harder as well. Though I play evil on hard and did good on normal, I still have the feeling I should have done it the opposite way.
But I dont have all the upgrades yet, maybe it`ll get better.

I just started on the second island (first playthrough after a few weeks).
Who is Sasha again ? Have I met her before ?

I just started on the second island (first playthrough after a few weeks).
Who is Sasha again ? Have I met her before ?

Sasha is the boss of the first island, the tar-oozing woman. The one who'd been talking inside your head via the tar.

That's right. I was wondering if I knew her before
the tar incidents. Their exchange made it sound like they were old acquaintance.

Or was she mumbling about someone else ?

That's right. I was wondering if I knew her before
the tar incidents. Their exchange made it sound like they were old acquaintance.

Or was she mumbling about someone else ?

It's foreshadowing. It ties in with the end of the game.

To go back to which is harder, I found "Good" a bit more difficult, or maybe it was just because I actually had to be precise.

When I played evill, I was constantly taking out dozens of innocent people, killing enemies, and just having my way with anything in my path. When I played good, it removed a few moves from my arsenal under some situations (like the grenades, and megawatt hammer). I found myself needing to be a bit more accurate.

The reality, though, is that killing bystandars really doesn't effect you THAT much, so long as you are generally good.

The reality, though, is that killing bystandars really doesn't effect you THAT much, so long as you are generally good.

It doesn't, and by the time say, your grenade gets really really powerful (it's more powerful than the rocket when you're playing good) you're also doing live captures on civilians, which means they're not dead. And there's no reason to exclude the megawatt hammer -- with the guided functionality you can just toss them into the air if there are bystanders in the way, then have them maneuver directly to enemies.

Back