PS3 exclusives, what's left?

NOOOOOOO!!!!

/Darth Vader

And why not? because X360 doesnt have Cell/BluRay/RSX? :rolleyes:

After seeing alot of "once exclusive" PS3 titles go MP, I dont see why this game cant be speculated to be headed in that direction aswell. It might, stay exclusive, but I certainly wont be surprised if it ever came out on the X360 aswell.

I take it you're not a big fan of PS3 then :rolleyes:

I know. That was just an example of one thing that might happen to result in GOW3 not appearing on PS3. Until it's announced as a title in the works, it can't be added to a confirmed games list. It's all about semantics. Confirmed means is coming, unless it gets cancelled. If it's not announced as coming, it's an expected title, or a probable title, or a possible title, or a likely title, but not confirmed.

Exactly, semantics.

So GOW3 will be a PS3 exclusive, its just a case of when.

Tiberium, I've already heard of more than 10% of these games. Not exactly sure what your point was.

Exactly, semantics.

So GOW3 will be a PS3 exclusive, its just a case of when.

Tiberium, I've already heard of more than 10% of these games. Not exactly sure what your point was.

It's not sematics, it's about a list of games that we will realistically see in the next couple of years.

Sure, GoW is coming at some point, but as far as we know it could be the end of 2009, nearly 3 years away!

If you included every single IP that Sony owns, their exclusive list would be HUGE. But that would be completely misleading since they won't actually be releasing anywhere near that many games in the near future.

I guess it depends what you want to list, games that are actually coming out, or games that will come out at some point, eventually, maybe down the road.

I'm willing to bet that any IP that Insomniac touches will have three sequels, each released the year after the other.

I'm willing to bet that any IP that Insomniac touches will have three sequels, each released the year after the other.

One year after the other? Really ... :???:

I can't imagine that we will be seeing RFOM2 next November.

Unless you meant overlapping with 2 years between sequels.

One year after the other? Really ... :???:

I can't imagine that we will be seeing RFOM2 next November.

Unless you meant overlapping with 2 years between sequels.

Come'on Chef they have some of the best/worst sequelitis in the industry depending on your taste in games. I don't believe RFOM2 will be out next November:smile:

It's not sematics, it's about a list of games that we will realistically see in the next couple of years.

Sure, GoW is coming at some point, but as far as we know it could be the end of 2009, nearly 3 years away!

If you included every single IP that Sony owns, their exclusive list would be HUGE. But that would be completely misleading since they won't actually be releasing anywhere near that many games in the near future.

I guess it depends what you want to list, games that are actually coming out, or games that will come out at some point, eventually, maybe down the road.

I didnt realise there was a time limit imposed. I just included games that are coming out.

The final sentence doesnt really make sense, since we've already said that GOW3 is coming out, but I digress...

I do admit the list isnt comprehensive. I've been told Sony and its partners have over 100 games in development, but I believe many are being kept under wraps.

A fully comprehensive list doesn't seem necessary to me to answer the OP. Mendel was feeling that everything coming to PS3 was cross-platform. There's enough info here to show that's not the case. There was a graph recently posted that showed size of game companies in terms of emplyees. EA was first. Ubisoft second. And Sony third. That shows a lot of people working on PS3 exclusives, excluding independent devs creating exclusives for the platform.

So PS3 has exclusives! Whether that's a good thing or not (is Mendel a 360 owner hoping there's no point in getting a PS3?! ;)) I'll leave Mendel to worry about.

I thought the op was questioning confirmed 3rd party exclusives. :???:
Why think that when the OP lists his example exclusives as

I sure can't think of too many titles. LittleBigPlanet and probably Killzone, Gran Turismo for sure... Uh what else?

All three are 1st party.

Are you lacking sleep or something today? What with this, and not being aware of the Cell demonstrations etc., you seem really not on the case! ;)

Thanks for all the input guys! I never saw this coming :eek:

Just to clear things up: I was interested primarily about third party exclusives but we can sure talk about other exclusives too, I've seen quite a few listed that I wasn't aware of. :)

BTW, MGS4 is definitely not a PS3 exclusive (and I thought that was old news already): http://playstation3.wordpress.com/2007/04/01/playstation-loses-metal-gear-solid-exclusivity/

Mendel was feeling that everything coming to PS3 was cross-platform.

is Mendel a 360 owner hoping there's no point in getting a PS3?!

yeah I was feeling a bit like, "dude where's my exclusives?!"

Never fear, I got the PS3 too :8

Back