PS3 exclusives, what's left?

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
With seemingly more and more titles slipping from Sony exclusive to multiplatform... What are some of the still unreleased known games that still remain exclusive to the platform? How many of them aren't first party games?

I sure can't think of too many titles. LittleBigPlanet and probably Killzone, Gran Turismo for sure... Uh what else?

With seemingly more and more titles slipping from Sony exclusive to multiplatform... What are some of the still unreleased known games that still remain exclusive to the platform? How many of them aren't first party games?

I sure can't think of too many titles. LittleBigPlanet and probably Killzone, Gran Turismo for sure... Uh what else?

The games you mentioned are all either 1st or 2nd party games which of course will stay exclusive unless Sony has lost their mind!

The big ones that will probably stay exclusive IMO are FF13 (a variation may go to 360), HS, and MGS4.

If you're counting Sony's titles, which I think you are given the games you list, I think there's about 50 on the radar at the moment, looking at IGN's lists (excluding downloadables).

These:

-ActiveDogs
-Afrika
-Angel Rings
-Eight days
-EyeDentify
-Fifth Phantom Saga
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-Generation of Chaos VI
-God of War 3
-Gradius
-Grand Turismo 5
-Gretzky NHL
-Guan Yu
-Heavenly Sword
-Heavy Rain
-HOME
-Hot Shots Golf 5
-Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
-Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
-Killzone 3
-Kurayami
-Lair
-LittleBigPlanet
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam World
-Monster Hunter 3
-Monster Kingdom
-My Singstar
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Ni-Oh
-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
-Redwood Falls
-Rengoku: The End of the Century
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Singstar
-Sony DC MMO
-Sony Whimsical MMO
-Tekken 6
-The Eye of Judgment
-The Getaway
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
-WarDevil Enigma
-Warhawk
-Way of the Samurai
-White Knight Story
-The Wall
-Wipeout
-Wizardry

For 3rd party, Only two games MGS 4 and FF 13, maybe FF 13 Versus.

The announced games are The Getaway, 8 days, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Wipeout PS3, God of war 3, Uncharted, White knight story, Unknown realms, Heavenly sword, Singstar

Unannounced games next F1, ICO Team Game, Sony Cambridge Game, a new Jak, probably a new buzz games, a new sucker punch game.

The announced games are The Getaway, 8 days, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Wipeout PS3, God of war 3, Uncharted, White knight story, Unknown realms, Heavenly sword, Singstar

Unannounced games next F1, ICO Team Game, Sony Cambridge Game, a new Jak, probably a new buzz games, a new sucker punch game.

I still haven't entered the new-gen but the top two 3rd party games alone are why I have pledged allegiance to the Playstation brand for the last two console gerations.

There has been no information AFAIK regarding the next team ICO game but that nips at be just as much as the first titles I've mentioned.

There's more than that on both counts, far more w.r.t. Sony's games. Vic's list seems more comprehensive, though I'd take some games away and add some others.

Known exclusives:

-5th Phantom Saga
-6GUN II
-Afrika
-Angel Rings
-Black Blade
-Bomberman
-Brave Arms (Cellius Project)
-Chain Limit (Cellius Project)
-Coded Arms Assault
-Dark RPG (working title)
-Derby Stallion
-Driver
-Eight days
-Endless Saga
-EyeDentify
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Forbidden Siren 3
-God of War 3
-Gradius
-Grand Turismo
-Guan Yu Project (Dynasty Warriors 6)
-Heavenly Sword
-Hot Shots Golf 5
-Iron and the Maiden
-Jak and Daxter
-Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
-Killzone 3
-Kurayami (Suda Goichi's Kafka-inspired horror game)
-Lair
-Little Big Planet
-Makai Wars
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam World
-Monster Hunter 3
-Ni-Oh
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Omikron 2
-Ratchet and Clank
-Redwood Falls
-Rockstar Old West Title (working title)
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms
-Second Season 01 (Cellius Project)
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula
-Shin Ten Makai VI
-Sunrise Eiyuutan
-Super Robot Taisen
-Tekken 6
-The Eye of Judgement
-The Getaway
-The Wall
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Unknown Realms (a.k.a. Monster Kingdom)
-WarDevil Enigma
-Warhawk
-Way of the Samurai 3
-White Knight Story
-WipEout

And last but not least;
the next project of Team Ico.

to add to .Melchiah. and Vic's lists, Motorstorm 2 and RFoM 2. plus there will be more announced later on. SOCOM will most likely make an appearance on the ps3.

White Knight Story is all that matters :smile: I'm looking forward to that more than FF XIII . Has Level 5 confirmed support for the X360? Dragon Quest is a proven seller in Japan.

There is no D in Gran Turismo. People should honor a great series by writing its name correctly. That D always seems to pop up from somewhere. I can't stand it any longer, please make it go away.

:smile:

honestly make it go away.

to add to .Melchiah. and Vic's lists.
.Melchiah.'s seems the more accurate. Vic's includes Heavy Rain which isn't exclusive, and misses Eye Of Judgement.
Then again, why is Driver shown as exclusive? And why are Rockstar producing an exclusive western for PS3? I'ld like to know the sources of these lists.

Anyway, to the OP, there's plenty of exclusives as well as the cross-platform titles. And besides, LBP is the only title worth considering anyway! (Okay, WKS and RnC have me a bit interested...)

Known exclusives:

-5th Phantom Saga
-Brave Arms (Cellius Project)
-Chain Limit (Cellius Project)
-Coded Arms Assault
-Driver
-Omikron 2
-Rockstar Old West Title (working title)
1)cancelled
2)not confirmed
3)not confirmed
4)cancelled
5)lol, an ubisoft game PS3-exclusive
6)never actually confirmed, and then not stated as an exclusive
7)no mention since E3 2005, I wouldn't classify this on list of certain exclusives
-Heavy Rain
Stated as next-generation console game on official website.

As of Cellius games - they will be PS3 exclusive, BUT on these Brave Arms and Chain Limit scans there was no mention of Cellius...

:???: What else are they going to run on? IBM Cell blades? :p
What I meant was that Brave Arms and Chain Limit may not be Cellius games, since there was no mention of Cellius on scans presenting the games. These games might be PS3 exclusive after all (and even part of Cellius project), but it doesn't seem so certain right now.

There is no D in Gran Turismo. People should honor a great series by writing its name correctly. That D always seems to pop up from somewhere. I can't stand it any longer, please make it go away.
What idiot says "Gran Turismod"?!!

I guess I could see "Gran Turdismo" for someone trying to make fun of the game... :p

GoW 3 isn't even in development according to Jaffe, how does it get a spot on the list?

And as far as I know, the Ubisoft western game seems to be Red Dead Revolver 2 which probably won't be exclsuive.

What I meant was that Brave Arms and Chain Limit may not be Cellius games, since there was no mention of Cellius on scans presenting the games. These games might be PS3 exclusive after all (and even part of Cellius project), but it doesn't seem so certain right now.
Presumably the info that they're Cellius games came out from somewhere? Otherwise why were they called Cellius games and not just Namco games?

Well, doing a bit of digging, seems not even games!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148304
Supposedly they're mockups to gauge market viability.

Back