[PS3] Demon Souls

You can grab pretty powerful weapons and items in Pure White or Black World Tendency.
You can google for their location.

I am getting a copy from Playasia. Its the cheapest there, atleast for us Indians. The only issue being the Manual is in Chinese, so I won't get any help from there :cry: ! It will be a week, till then I'll dabble in FFXIII.

Recieved my copy today. Haven't had time to put it in my ps3 though. And what a horrible box art for the Aisa Platinum version. Its all white with a pic of the box art in the centre ....ewwww...! I guess its on purposeto make people feel that they are missing something if they don't buy the original version.

What class should I choose to start with?

I picked up a copy recently, riding the hype of Dark Souls. Can't afford $60 right now, but I found Demon's Souls online for $13 and figured I could start there. I went with a Royal, which is supposed to be the easiest class to start with. So far I've cleared 1-1, 2-1 and the crazy lady in the hood who is appearing in 1-1 right now thanks to the pure white tendency event. It took me a while to get my feet under me, but I'm feeling pretty confident going through 1-2 right now.

I have got a cross bow, but when I equip it and press R1, he doesn't shoot just does some animation with it I don't understand :???: !! How do I use it ?

Played it for 2hours 38mins straight and had amazing amazing fun. My nephew had come over as a surprise and my nephew and niece watched as I played and we had so much fun ! I have. Reached the part where you can see the dragon sitting in the distance. I came back voluntarily from there, with the 3000 souls I had and upgraded my sword to Long Sword +1 !
I have a Bastard Sword which it tells me I can't. Weild with one had, and. Shield too which it tells me that I can't use with one hand. But if I do equip them, they appear in my hand and I can swing it too. Haven't tried against a real enemy though.

How do I level up my character?

Oh! BTW, I had played the initial section before on a borrowed copy without a net connection, about 6-7 months back. The game is so much tougher without the messages to warn you, and somehow , this time the game feels so much easier than before ! Maybe cos this time I am a Knight, the last time I was a Wanderer. Maybe the Knight is just better with swords or something.

I have got a cross bow, but when I equip it and press R1, he doesn't shoot just does some animation with it I don't understand :???: !! How do I use it ?

Cross bow is like regular weapon. After wielding it with 2 hands, you click the lock-on stick and fire.
However its range is short. Too short to be useful.

Try to find a real bow instead. The range is longer and you can go into first person view, plus zoom in/out. Very handy for scouting. There is a good bow in
4-2

Played it for 2hours 38mins straight and had amazing amazing fun. My nephew had come over as a surprise and my nephew and niece watched as I played and we had so much fun ! I have. Reached the part where you can see the dragon sitting in the distance. I came back voluntarily from there, with the 3000 souls I had and upgraded my sword to Long Sword +1 !
I have a Bastard Sword which it tells me I can't. Weild with one had, and. Shield too which it tells me that I can't use with one hand. But if I do equip them, they appear in my hand and I can swing it too. Haven't tried against a real enemy though.

Be careful about equipments. You should not carry more than 50% of your max. equip weight. Otherwise you'll be very clumsy in the game.

How do I level up my character?

Talk to the Maiden in Black after you defeated the first boss.

Oh! BTW, I had played the initial section before on a borrowed copy without a net connection, about 6-7 months back. The game is so much tougher without the messages to warn you, and somehow , this time the game feels so much easier than before ! Maybe cos this time I am a Knight, the last time I was a Wanderer. Maybe the Knight is just better with swords or something.

Yap ! It's also fun to play with a friend watching during a boss fight. I had to pull my chair away from him coz a friend gripped it too hard. We were both screaming and yelling too. ^_^

Killed my first demon !!!!!!!!!!!!! The Phalanx Demon is DEAD ! Rejoice people of Boletaria ! :cool: !
Also, levelled up my strength, Dexterity, Luck and something else which increased my Stamina. Almost spent all of my souls there, levelling up some attributes multiple times. Wonder how I will repair my sword now :???: !

Where do I go from here? What is the Door to Pantheon up at top? Will I lose my body if I die now? What is the benefit of having the body, except for a longer health bar, ?
Am I a Hero Now ? :D

The blacksmith in the nexus can repair your weapons.

After 1-1, 2-1 is probably the place you'll want to visit next.

The door to the Pantheon leads to the Pantheon. :oops: It's a place where you can see other players performances in the game. A sort of leaderboards.

After regaining your body you'll lose it as soon as you die. One of the main advantages of being in body form is that you can summon other players to help you beat the current level.

[Sniggle]

Dude, you have a l-o-n-g~ way to go. :LOL:

Have you seen the message, "The real Demon's Souls starts here" yet ?

I know I know ! I was just basking in the moment and having a laugh while at it :p !
I saw that message where you meet the NPC in the Castle who asks for your help, but that was easy, two firebombs did the trick for me. I think the blue-Eyed Knight is more of a challenge than that. He is also manageable if you have firebombs or turpentine to set your sword on fire.

BTW, I attacked the vendor in the castle just to see what happens and looks like he is an ewnemy for forever now. Everytime I go to him now, He just comes out to kill me :LOL: ! I hope it wasn't a big mistake to make hi an enemy, it was done all in good fun :winK: !

:facepalm: NPCs in Demon's Souls do not forget. They will be hostile towards you for the rest of the game. If you kill them, that's it. They will never come back.

The only exception is Maiden in Black. You can kill her, but she will revive.

Aaaah ! How the fuck am I going to kill that Tower Knight ?!?!?!! :oops:

Umm...was it wise of me to go back to the same Castle after all the Stones opened up? or should I go to the new worlds , gain more power, level up and then come back for this Tower KNight ? I guessed te newer worlds might be even tougher than the Castle so I went back to explore it more and found the bloody Tower Knight !

Classic mistake. Go to the burrow, colloquially known as 2-1 on the internets and you should have an easier time.

It's the one just up the steps to the right of the castle's touchstone thingy in the nexus. It's the burrow king stonefang tunnel one.

Aye Aye Captain ! Will head over there, that means my souls which are lying at the feet of the Tower Knight are lost :( !

EDIT: I think I'll try just one more time :oops: !

Last edited by a moderator:
No more news from him.
It seems he didn't make it back. :LOL:

[size=-2]Muahahaa ! I :love: watching new people getting thrashed by Tower Knight ! :devilish:[/size]

EDIT:
Hey RenegadeRocks, are you still alive ? [echo... echo... echo...]

No more news from him.
It seems he didn't make it back. :LOL:

[size=-2]Muahahaa ! I :love: watching new people getting thrashed by Tower Knight ! :devilish:[/size]

EDIT:
Hey RenegadeRocks, are you still alive ? [echo... echo... echo...]

Yeah ! Yeah ! The Renegade is still alive ! But thats cos he still hasn't visited the knight yet :LOL: ! Didn't get time to get into the game again yet.maybe tomorrow. I think I'll go straight for the Tower Knight again. The issue is that the sucker is guarded by tow Blue Eyed Knights before you can enter his arena. Tackling two of them together along with archers and soldiers is a bit of a difficulty as I don't have any firebombs either ! Last time I just ran through them and touched the fog, not knowing what lies ahead ! I think i'll do the same thing gain, just charge through those Blue eyed KNights and into the Tower Knight arena, the point is I have no idea what to do next as I dided as soon as I entered last time :oops: ! I will run around and see if I can find a way to those archers on top.

Does the KNight require some special power to be killed or if I go through now I have a chance of trumping him?

Back