[PS3,360] Final Fantasy XIII-2

I thought he's responsible for all the new and old character design in XIII-2, except Lightning ?

[size=-2]FWIW, the only character I remember from FFXIII is one of the girls' pair of legs, not even the full character. The combat mechanics is more captivating overall IMHO... IMHO ! :runaway:[/size]

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Soundtrack Set for December 14:
http://andriasang.com/comyb4/

Final Fantasy XIII-2 hits on December 15. To truly get yourself in the mood for Serah and Noel's time traveling adventure, you'll want to pick up the game's soundtrack, which Square Enix said today will be released the day before, on December 14.

The Final Fantasy XIII-2 Original Soundtrack will be released in limited and standard versions, priced respectively ¥4,800 and ¥3,990. The limited edition includes a bonus DVD.

Visit the soundtrack's official site for a music sample.

Square Enix hasn't shared disc or track information for the soundtrack, but based off the product codes, it appears to span four discs.

Ugh, I can't check now. Video played fine for me when I tried it first time, but my machine is now hosed because I'm playing with some prerelease software. ^_^

Quite a few FFXIII-2 updates:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Directors Discuss Paradigms, Battle Balance and Monster Collection
http://andriasang.com/comywh/

Paradigm Shifts
You can now switch instantly between Paradigms. ...

Difficulty
Toriyama suggested that the bosses in XIII-2 may be tougher than those of the original FFXIII. However, the game has an Easy Mode ...

Balance
Balancing the battles has been difficult, in part because they don't know in what state the player will be when they enter a particular area.

The team made a special program just for balancing work. The program analyzes the test players' logs, and can output such things as how the payer defeated the boss.

The game is being balanced so that, at the extreme, it might be possible to clear the game by defeating bosses. ...

Summons
The game will have summon creatures. However, they will not appear in the same form as in the original FFXIII ...

Monster Collection
There seems to be quite a bit of variety to the monster collection system. The same monsters will have different growth parameters, with some being fast growth while others take longer. Monsters that have the same role will have different abilities. ...

Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII-2 Includes Bonus Calendar
http://andriasang.com/comywe/

Final Fantasy XIII-2 may be a multiplatform release, but Square Enix has a sweet little bonus just for xbox 360 owners. The 360 version will include the "Xbox 360 Special Final Fantasy XIII-2 2012 Calendar," a tabletop calendar that features artwork from the game and lots of Xbox 360 green.

Final Fantasy XIII Players Get A Special Item When Starting XIII-2
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/1...yers-get-a-special-item-when-starting-xiii-2/

Final Fantasy XIII-2 will have at least two bonuses for fans that played the previous game. When you start Final Fantasy XIII-2, the game will show a series of narrated digest scenes that let players know what the characters have been up to. Producer Yoshinori Kitase also revealed Final Fantasy XIII save data will also unlock a special item. Kitase wouldn’t reveal what the gift is, but said it would be something handy that would not break game balance.

In the interview, Kitase discussed the Historia Crux system, which lets players travel through time. The development team implemented this feature so Final Fantasy XIII-2 would feel less linear than XIII.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Final Fantasy Souls...

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/final-fantasy-xv-could-be-action-rpg

Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, has hinted that the next iteration of Final Fantasy could see it drift away from its turn-based roots and be an action-RPG.

In an interview, Kitane told us that the increasing popularity of action-RPGs compared to their turn-based equivalents represented "a trend…you ignore at your peril."

"I think the nature of the franchise is to present something new each time," Kitase said. "In the global market we see many players moving away from games that used turn-based systems toward what you might term an action-RPG.

Yay !

Nay.
The one aspect of FFXIII no one complained about was the combat. It was actually praised. You know what people did complain about? The hacky slashy piece of shit combat system in Dragon Age 2, or the cluster**** that is Kingdom Hearts' combat system, or even the brain dead mash button until stamina is drained combat in Skyrim.

Hmm... you don't think an action RPG FF would work ? If it's mashing buttons to hack and slash, then I agree it's not so interesting.

Interesting elements about grooming FF monsters...

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Monster Crystarium, Ability Inheritance and the Mysterious Augustia Tower
http://andriasang.com/comyyn/

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has an updated Crystarium character growth system, but it's not being used exclusively for Noel and Serah. Weekly Famitsu's report on the game this week confirms that the monsters you add to your party are also built up using a Crystarium system.

According to a summary of Famitsu's article at Sokuho@Hokanko, the monster Crystarium is similar to the playable character Crystarium. However, in the case of the monsters, you don't use use CP (experience) to traverse the Crystarium chart. Instead, you use items, which you buy from shops or earn after winning battle.

Back to the monsters, Famitsu confirms that you can edit not only their physical appearance through vanity accessories like sunglasses, but you can also give them names.

Outside of the Crystarium, monsters can also grow through inheritance. By sacrificing a monster, you can make your other monsters inherit its abilities.

There are four general types of abilities that can be inherited: command ability, auto ability, special/characteristic ability (特性アビリティ) and resistance (耐性). (I've included the Japanese names for some of these as I'm not of their English translations). Command abilities and auto abilities can only be inherited by monsters that have the same role as the monster that's being sacrificed.

The inheriting monster won't just gain the same set of abilities as the parent monster. In the case of inheriting to a different role monster, you may get completely new abilities.

Find Final Fantasy XIII-2′s Genji Bow In A Treasure Chest At Gamestop
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/2...2s-genji-bow-in-a-treasure-chest-at-gamestop/

If you reserve Final Fantasy XIII-2 at Gamestop you can get a costume and weapon for Serah. The costume (which still hasn’t been revealed) is for everyone. The Genji Bow is only for PowerUp Rewards members.

The Genji Bow has a unique design and more importantly allows Serah to attack more frequently. Existing pre-orders at GameStop will receive the Genji Bow bonus as long as they are a PowerUp Rewards member and pick up their game by February 2.

Besides the combat system, you know what else everyone liked about FFXIII?

The fact that it was a complete game. Everyone got the same content for a change, and all the goodies in the limited edition were physical, including the soundtrack. There was none of that pre-order or dlc bs either.

The openness in Gran Pulse ! ...after a long painful walk through mundane story.

Amazingly, I did complete the game thanks partly to the linearity.

Back