Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Benchmark

Nice thanks.

In addition to the standard 1280x720 pixel display, the benchmark also supports a 1920x1080 high definition display. Enjoy every crisp detail of the gorgeous realm of Eorzea.

1080p is really a medium density resolution for PC. Plugging 1080p as something special is such a console bullet point.

So does this game/benchmark only support those 2 resolutions and a single aspect ratio?

Yep 1280x720 is not a standard pixel display in p.c land
it supports several resolutions the highest being 1920x1200 (my display is 1650x1080)
ps: it doesnt give an avg framerate but a score which could mean anything

Last edited:
I think true 1280x720 displays are very rare, even in televisions. Everything marketed as "720p" tends to be 1366x768 for some reason. One of my friends has a very, very old (when LCD TVs first came out) 27" LCD TV that is actually 1280x720 but that's the only one I've ever seen. The thing was $1500 at the time!

It lacks any digital inputs (just component) and has horrible ghosting, but we still use it for Rock Band because it has literally no input lag.

Well 720p was the first resolution of HD movies .. 1080p have have replace it, this said most 720p monitor was support upscaling then to 1080p. Then suddenly a lot of panel have been sold for TV "HD" with 1368x768 who was 720p movies input but was effectly 1368x768 60hz monitor panel.

1920x1080p, well lets face it have become a standard on PC monitors 16/9 for gaming and multimedia... and the most used resolution 23"-24" ( hard to find 1900x1200 monitor today ).. today, i will say the good compromise is 2560x1440 27". WHo will certainly stay the "average used " resolution now for 1-2 years.

I ran this benchmark at the maximum possible settings at 1080p. 91.8fps average. At the end all the characters were enthusiastically cheering my super high score.

What a fucking waste of 1.6GB...

So does this game/benchmark only support those 2 resolutions and a single aspect ratio?

It supports any resolution your video card/monitor supports as well as Full Screen, Windows, or Borderless Windowed (fullscreen). I benchmarked mine at 2560x1600 borderless windowed, for example.

I ran this benchmark at the maximum possible settings at 1080p. 91.8fps average. At the end all the characters were enthusiastically cheering my super high score.

What a fucking waste of 1.6GB...

Yes it's a waste for people that want to use it as a hardcore benchmark utility. It wasn't meant for you nor targetted towards you.

It's meant for people that are looking forward to the expansion. Square has provided a benchmark utility for each of their MMOs so that potential users can gauge how well their machine will be able to run the game before they buy it. This is particularly important for the upcoming expansion as it introduced Dx11 rendering for the first time.

Considering many people playing the current version of the game have anything from pentiums, to celerons, to core i3's with graphics cards ranging from integrated to budget, to midrange, to enthusiast, it's an extremely important benchmark. Especially for those with older hardware.

Heck a friend of mine with a 7970 is now thinking about an upgrade as he also runs a 30" monitor and can't get even close to 60 FPS at native resolution at max settings. This is the main game he plays. So he only upgrades for FFXIV and nothing else.

Another friend of mine is just reassured that her Core i3 + HD 7750 will actually be able to play the game with Dx11.

If only all companies were as conscientious about their customers as Square Enix are about their MMO users. God forbid, a company give you an idea of how well their game might run on your system before you actually buy the game.

Regards,
SB

Effectively, there's a lot of setting...

First set DX11, open settings from the launcher, under display, you can set the resolution of your monitor if you dont find it in the list ( 2560x1440 was not available, just create it under "personal" ).. then you have 4 settings panels where you can find and set every quality setting..

Maximum, DX11 (not everything was maxed by default it seems anyway), 2560x1440.

FPS and score in bold:

Benchmark FINAL FANTASY XIV : Heavensward
Résultats mesurés le 29/04/2015 11:27:45
Score : 10098
Nombre moyen d'images par seconde : 78.376
Évaluation : Excellent

Taille d'écran : 2560x1440
Mode d'écran : Plein écran
Version DirectX : 11
Préréglages graphiques : Enregistrés 1
Qualité graphique
-Afficher les effets des surfaces mouillées : Activé
-Élimination des objets cachés : Activé
-Réduire le niveau de détail des objets distants (LOD) : Désactivé
-Reflets en temps réel : Maximums (DirectX 11)
-Anticrénelage : FXAA
-Qualité lumière transparente : Élevée
-Détail des herbes : Maximum
-Détail du décor : Élevés
-Reliefs de l'eau : Élevés

If only all companies were as conscientious about their customers as Square Enix are about their MMO users. God forbid, a company give you an idea of how well their game might run on your system before you actually buy the game.

Regards,
SB
I completely agree, I meant it was a waste of 1600MB for me since I'll never play the game and the benchmark is nothing special.

Also I do find it strange that they include this statement in the FPS log:
"Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Windows version) and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward (Windows version) will run on your system."

Maybe because the benchmark is very representative of the final product and does indicate that if the benchmark runs the game will

I completely agree, I meant it was a waste of 1600MB for me since I'll never play the game and the benchmark is nothing special.

Also I do find it strange that they include this statement in the FPS log:
"Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Windows version) and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward (Windows version) will run on your system."

Yeah, standard verbiage to protect them in case something goes wonky with a patch or something new they add between now and the expansion launching (June 23) that might temporarily prevent a user from running the game. Or the user themselves doing something wonky on their machine that prevents the game from running when it finally comes out.

As an example. A member of my raid group in FFXIV recently couldn't run the game after installing Tera Online. It somehow messed with his audio drivers and prevented him from running FFXIV. After some testing we found out he also then couldn't stream videos, play audio files, or even play any games. Just one example of what the wording is meant to protect them against. After some troubleshooting I ended up having him just uninstall his audio drivers (IDT of all things) and let Windows re-install it and that "fixed" things even though it was the same exact driver. Truly bizarre.

Regards,
SB

Back