PROBLEM with VGA images

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Hey guys, i need some help.

I have this little problem, which basically makes all images on my monitor have some weird ghosting on the right with the lines or letters somehow "repeated".... I had it with my old card and i still have it on this new card i have (a 6200). I also have it on every monitor i've tried it, though with different intensities...

It looks a little bit like this:

(yes i have a freaking amazing camera ;) )

It's very faint, but depending on the background colour it can be more evident...

The only common denominator is the VGA cable i'm using as it's always the same... Is this the most logical solution?

Thanks!!

I've certainly found that the quality of the VGA cable can have a big impact on the general crapness of the displayed image (hence my love affair with DVI despite its other short-comings!).

Yeah, that's definitely a cable issue, especially as it persists when changing every other component involved... :p

Guden Oden said:
Yeah, that's definitely a cable issue, especially as it persists when changing every other component involved... :p

You'd think i could come to that conclusion on my own, wouldn't you... But no, that would just be way too logical... :LOL:

Is this where I make a comment about girly men not being very technical and such...? :devilish: ;)

Actually, ghosting is just one reason why we all ought to hate analog VGA and CRT screens, and rather go with digital displays. Personally I've not been affected by it, but I've sat in front of other PCs that have suffered from transmission artefacts.

Guden Oden said:
Is this where I make a comment about girly men not being very technical and such...? :devilish: ;)

Actually, ghosting is just one reason why we all ought to hate analog VGA and CRT screens, and rather go with digital displays. Personally I've not been affected by it, but I've sat in front of other PCs that have suffered from transmission artefacts.

Well i have to admit i'm by far the geekiest person i know. And i know a lot of people, as you might imagine :LOL:

Anyway, the (old) monitor i have is VGA only and my LCD HDTV has a VGA input and HDMI. The HDMI can't take PC resolutions (like 99% of all LCD TVs) so i have to stick to VGA... :devilish:

Guden Oden said:
Actually, ghosting is just one reason why we all ought to hate analog VGA and CRT screens, and rather go with digital displays.

No, it's one reason to buy a good quality VGA cable :) !

Back